GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 - 2011 NHL Playoff thread

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
I dont know, Vancouver might still be a vulnerable team.

Wow, they suspended Aaron Rome for the rest of the season. Didn't see that one coming...

It's only fair. It was a late hit that is going to cost Boston Horton for the rest of the finals. So its only fair that Rome has to sit out the rest of the finals like Horton has too.

And Game 4 is going to be so vital. Canucks were embarrassed the last game.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
It's only fair. It was a late hit that is going to cost Boston Horton for the rest of the finals. So its only fair that Rome has to sit out the rest of the finals like Horton has too.

Tis true in life, but not really sports. But I guess since they knew there were only at most four more games left thats why they said four.

Do you think if player A hits player B in an illegal way & hurts player B, then player A should be out for how ever long player B is out for?

Lucidity

Marx
I don't know about you, but if someone I don't want putting their fingers in my mouth does so, they should consider themselves lucky to leave with all digits intact.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
Tis true in life, but not really sports. But I guess since they knew there were only at most four more games left thats why they said four.

Do you think if player A hits player B in an illegal way & hurts player B, then player A should be out for how ever long player B is out for?

Not necessarily. If this hit happened in the regular season. I think it would have been a one game suspension and a fine. The hit wasn't that dirty. Just late. If Horton would have had the puck on his stick it wouldnt have been an illegal hit. Horton had his head down and in hockey if you have your head down youre just asking for trouble.

Rome isn't the same caliber player as Horton, so its not that big of deal losing him. Horton has been a big help to Boston including some OT heroics.

I think the NHl had to step up and suspend him for the rest of the finals, because of the no suspension/fine of burrows.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
So why do you think the NHL cracked down so hard on this hit? Because its was on national TV?

I agree about them being not on the same level as players. Sucks for Boston, he was on their first line wasnt he?

utekineir

Banned
So why do you think the NHL cracked down so hard on this hit? Because its was on national TV?
it also was probably a bit of a make up for the biting thing

I think the NHl had to step up and suspend him for the rest of the finals, because of the no suspension/fine of burrows.

And to add to that the biter and abba in the shade of ginger basically making a joke of NHL discipline with the vegetarian introduction.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
lol at the boston goalie chopping at dudes leg. can they put the goalie in the penalty box?

fricken hilarious. The Vancouver guy started it when he poked the goalie. Honestly though, you're gonna start shit with somebody who is wearing 2X as much padding as you and has a stick that is made of 2X as much wood? guy's got balls haha

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
Thomas is actually fun to watch. My god that guy for being as old as he is has some fire in him.

Vancouver is at a collapse. They need to pick up the pieces NOW. Or Game 6 in Boston is going to be the last game for them.

gtnub

Ready to race!
Late hit by Rome for sure never want to see that kind of stuff happen, but definitely an advantageous trade for the Canucks.

Asses handed again but the way I see it is it's now a best of 3 series with home ice advantage which I would say is better than "momentum" I just hope EA is right about all home games being won.

I wouldn't say Lu is unstable on his own as the whole team is collectively.