2010 - 2011 NHL Playoff thread

Car(s)
MkV R32
BOLTS WIN!

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
Your right he was shaky in the third. I didnt really like his performance much. He's lucky the bolts scored as much as they did.

Rollie isnt how he used to be. He cant really steal a game by himself. Looking forward to the game 7.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
I feel so bad for the Lighting, especially Rollie. Damn he did everything, but score. And Stamkos. Taking one off the nose and still playing through it.

Great Defense by Boston, that is why they won.

I was really pulling for the Lighting in this series. I have nothing against the Boston Bruins. Very great franchise. I just cannot stand Chara. Cheap shotting motherfucker thats what he is.

Probably the last game Rollie will play. Hats off to him. He's a goalie that I have always looked up to, especially when I was playing.

I really think that Vancouver is going to mop up the Bruins. They are an all around better team. Watch how Tim Thomas will get picked apart by the Sedins the next round. The way he challenges is going to get him in trouble with the passing of the Canucks.

DUB2OT

Banned
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH bye bye bolts.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Ugh, I dont really like Boston and I really dont like Vancouver. Vancouver will take it in 5 or 6 I think. As far as I can tell, Boston doesn't have much in the fire power department...?

What about Atlanta moving to Winnipeg? I surly thought Phoenix would get back there before Atlanta did...

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
Ugh, I dont really like Boston and I really dont like Vancouver. Vancouver will take it in 5 or 6 I think. As far as I can tell, Boston doesn't have much in the fire power department...?

What about Atlanta moving to Winnipeg? I surly thought Phoenix would get back there before Atlanta did...

I dont wanna predict anything. But, I think Vancouver will win it in 6 or less. If everyone shows up for Vancouver it could be a sweep. They are that powerfull.

Offense: Vancouver easily. Burrrows is one of my favorite players on the Canucks look for him to show up big on the score sheet. Sedins as well. Can't forget about Kessler who is my leading player for the Conn Smyth right now.

Boston has some scoring Talent as well. Lucci is my favorite boston player. He is a spectacular to way player. He is a big body that plays hard and that can score as well. Horton and Marchant (Sp?) are both playing hard right now as well. They will make a scoring impact.

Defense:
I'd give this one to Boston for Chara alone. He plays so many minutes and is such a huge impact. Hardest shot in the NHL and the biggest body. Not to mention Bostons 2-way forwards that are great defensively.

Powerplay: Without a shadow of a doubt Vancouver. Boston has the worst powerplay of any team to ever make the stanley cup finals. They can't set up and they cannot seem to score. Without a powerplay they aren't going far in these playoffs. Chara needs to get his ass right in the middle of Lou and screen his ass. No one is going to move him.

Goaltending:
Now this is my specialty. I spent a lot of years playing goal and coaching.

Time Thomas
He is an often lucky man. If Boston's Defense wasn't as great as it is, no way they would have been in the finals. A lot of times through these playoffs Ive seen pucks skid across the crease or left uncovered. Then the defense cleared it away. Tim loves and I mean LOVES to challenge the shooter. Which is amazing on first shots. But, the Sedins will pick this apart quickly. They are so deceptive and quick with their passing its unreal. Thomas my come out to take away a shot from Henrik then he fires a pass back to Danny who pops it back to burrows sneaking to the front.. BAM! The Canucks arent a one timer type of team really. They are a precision team. Tim is far in and age isnt on his side. That will be the factor. Thomas will fall. Look for him to get pulled this series finally with Tukka Rask coming in. (Tukka is an all around better goalie, IMO. Future of Boston)

Roberto Luongo. Talk about a guy who has been under the microscope since getting to Vancouver. He is someone who can be so flat at times, yet so stealer the next minute. He is a big goalie, who can take up a lot of the net. His weakness are stick handling and high glove side shots. For some reason he cannot keep the puck in his trapper. He is also on a roll for giving away a goal a game at least. Be it a bad turn over on his part or a lapse in judgment. He needs to fix that, he can't afford to gift wrap anything.

For Boston to win: Great Defense, lucky bounces, powerplay goals, and solid goaltending.

For Vancouver to win: Sedin line keeps producing, powerplay continues to score, Luongo plays well, and the 3rd and 4th lines contribute.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Man, what a shitty way to loose a game. Remember when Burrows pulled Duncan Keiths hair last year? Now hes bitting people....

But heres a bit of LOL and maybe the truth....

Last edited:

gtnub

Ready to race!
Guess Burrows was craving some finger food last night :rolleyes:

I'm excited for Saturday. It's going to a beautiful day and there's about 4 large screens outside around downtown to watch from.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
haha he got away with it. The NHL said they cannot find "conclusive" evidence that he indeed bit his finger.

It was clear as day in all the replies to me. haha Oh well, good for Vancouver though. It would be tough to loose Burrows for a game or two.