GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

19x8.5 ET47 what size tire?

sh00k0nes pt. 2

Ready to race!
I just bought some Hartmann wheels from achtuning and I plan on buying some ngp type I coilover's and having them set down pretty much all the way. I emailed achtuning customer service and asked if there customer's who bought the same wheels with the same specs experienced any problems with rubbing on 225/35/19 tires and they said I should be fine. I am debating either between 225/35/19 or 215/35/19. I do plan on doing the fender screw mod also.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I'm almost positive you'll want to run 215s if you want to get low. I made occasional contact with 225/40/18s on my 18x8.5 et45s when I was mildly lowered on H&R Sports, and I'm sure you'll want to be a lot lower than I was.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
If you are going to get rid of the wheel gap only 225/35 with the fender screw mod and you should be ok(not sure how low those coils go, really we need to know your ftg) but 215/35 is my choice in tyre for you as no head aches to come in the future.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
215/35/19 will work for sure.

225/35/19 should also, with the fender screw mod in the front, and at most a bit of a fender-roll.

8.5 +47 is pretty standard, people run VMRs @ 8.5 +45 with 225/35/19 without an issue.

sh00k0nes pt. 2

Ready to race!
NGP states that their coilover's can adjust the ride height anywhere from 1.2-2.5". I plan lowering the car in the range of 2.0-2.5". With that being said, will the 225/35/19 tires still not cause any rubbing w/ fender screw mod applied? I'm skeptical of using a 215/35/19 tire because of other post's I have read about them blowing out due to a low load index of the tires.
Anyone in here running 225/35/19 on 19x8.5 ET+47 with at least a 2" drop without having any rubbing issues by utilizing the fender screw mod and not having to roll the fender's? If so, can you please post pics also if you have them.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
NGP states that their coilover's can adjust the ride height anywhere from 1.2-2.5". I plan lowering the car in the range of 2.0-2.5". With that being said, will the 225/35/19 tires still not cause any rubbing w/ fender screw mod applied? I'm skeptical of using a 215/35/19 tire because of other post's I have read about them blowing out due to a low load index of the tires.
Anyone in here running 225/35/19 on 19x8.5 ET+47 with at least a 2" drop without having any rubbing issues by utilizing the fender screw mod and not having to roll the fender's? If so, can you please post pics also if you have them.

Should be fine to be honest. Check the Lowered, but not Slammed thread, I think it's still around in the photo section.

Fender-Screw Mod, and worst case, you have to give the front fenders a bit of massaging, and you should be alright.

:thumbsup:

Oh my god!!!! The legend is back, he speaks again.:wub:
Lol what's up phill? What you in now? Still the s2k? Pics please.:wink:

Haha. I stop by from time to time when I'm bored!

To be honest, the S2K never got finished. I moved to Hong Kong, about to pick up a car here.

S2K will be finished before summer begins, I'm back in Toronto for the summer, so I need a car to drive, :thumbsup:

sh00k0nes pt. 2

Ready to race!
Will I be able to run with 235/35/19 or 245/40/19 tires on 19x8.5 ET47 without any issues? I'm willing to roll my fenders. Anyone have pics with this setup?

RoidRage2629

Passed Driver's Ed
I ran 19x8.5 et45 on my car for the past two summers. I was about 23.5ftg with my front rolled. Never had a single problem with 225/35... Perfect amount of tire for someone not bagged imo