GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'13 STI vs '13 370z NISMO

mtlss

Ready to race!
Honestly, I expected a different result. I knew top end he would definitely pull on me seeing as he has 350hp, RWD, and a lighter car then me. But I figured he would pull a lot more then what he did. I mean, a LOT more.

But, maybe altitude and slow shifting screwed him? I don't know.

Either way, once I go stage 2, I should beat him.

Wow, this is crazy. I had no idea elevation could effect the car so much. I used to own a lightly modded 370z, the regular is just as fast as the nismo.

Stock STi would not even be a race from a roll at sea level, against stage 2 they would pull ahead until about 110 at which point i would catch them and pull away.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Wow, this is crazy. I had no idea elevation could effect the car so much. I used to own a lightly modded 370z, the regular is just as fast as the nismo.

Stock STi would not even be a race from a roll at sea level, against stage 2 they would pull ahead until about 110 at which point i would catch them and pull away.
Well I've driven my car at 7500 ft and 0ft of elevation. The car is a completely different animal. Now do that in a naturally aspirated car that doesn't have anything to help breathe. Haha car goes from to great to sucking for air.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Great post, OP. Nice running STI you've got there.

Car(s)
Subaru

i kinda ran a new scuby sti. he wanted to race me anyways. i was s2+ but i had my tune deleted today... go figure right. i didnt downshift out of 6th caust im use to just leaving it and taking off but the throttle lag killed me. the second time he tried to talk off, i was in 5th and it wasnt as bad. i should had been in 4th but he kept taking off without any kind of warning :mad0259:

if i had still been on my tune, id say it would had been a close race. not sure what the outcome would have been tbh

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Op would you kindly post pics of your STI??
Here is my build thread buddy

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180838

i kinda ran a new scuby sti. he wanted to race me anyways. i was s2+ but i had my tune deleted today... go figure right. i didnt downshift out of 6th caust im use to just leaving it and taking off but the throttle lag killed me. the second time he tried to talk off, i was in 5th and it wasnt as bad. i should had been in 4th but he kept taking off without any kind of warning :mad0259:

if i had still been on my tune, id say it would had been a close race. not sure what the outcome would have been tbh
Some people say that a S2+ GTI will beat an STI in a race. I put a few car lengths on a solid running S2 GTI. So I still have faith the STI would but by a very small margin.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
you have no idea how much me and this guy are waiting for your next story