GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'13 STI vs '13 370z NISMO

Car(s)
Subaru
If you want to spend some time at the drag strip as well, buy an evo 9, full bolt ons, cams, E-85 + tune and gutting. will net you a high 10 second car with 122-125 ish traps.

The evo in the video below has some engine work, E-98 fuel, STOCK turbo, bolt ons cams, weight reduction and a tune.

It traps 130-133.

id almost rather convert my gti to awd and save money... and of course have that swag interior. these are plans for like 5yrs from now. im not worried about this stuff now. right now ill enjoy lulfwd

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
id almost rather convert my gti to awd and save money... and of course have that swag interior. these are plans for like 5yrs from now. im not worried about this stuff now. right now ill enjoy lulfwd

Fwd can be fun lol.. Not saying it's good, but it's by no means not entertaining. Keeps you on your toes, haha

being brutally optimistic here...

Tapatalkin

Subie2013

Humble yourself
If you want to spend some time at the drag strip as well, buy an evo 9, full bolt ons, cams, E-85 + tune and gutting. will net you a high 10 second car with 122-125 ish traps.

The evo in the video below has some engine work, E-98 fuel, STOCK turbo, bolt ons cams, weight reduction and a tune.

It traps 130-133.

Word on the street is the stock internals on a EVO 9 can handle 600hp no problem. If that's true, I freaking wish I had that engine. Haha badass motor in general. Let alone bullet proof.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Wow, this is crazy. I had no idea elevation could effect the car so much. I used to own a lightly modded 370z, the regular is just as fast as the nismo.

Stock STi would not even be a race from a roll at sea level, against stage 2 they would pull ahead until about 110 at which point i would catch them and pull away.

Well I've driven my car at 7500 ft and 0ft of elevation. The car is a completely different animal. Now do that in a naturally aspirated car that doesn't have anything to help breathe. Haha car goes from to great to sucking for air.

Yup, elevation is insane. I remember when we went to Colorado back when my parents had their 2003 Avalanche. I was driving it and it was down a good 40hp or so, easy. It was very lethargic and we hadn't even gotten all the way into the mountains where the really high peaks were.

Yep. Car kind of sounds like an EVO with EL on it. It's actually better for the engine as well because pressure is constant on all 4 cylinders.

I'm going to disagree here. Subaru's with EL headers sound more like Civics and other 4 banger N/A cars. It makes me sad.

Evo's, both the 4G63's and 4B11's have a much deeper tone to them, much like the FSI and TSI 2.0T.

Unless your car is already paid off, few will argue the potential of an Evo 7-9 and how cheap (relatively speaking, because we all know cars running 10's and faster aren't "cheap") they are to build.

There's quite a bit of work into swapping 4-Motion into our cars. Not quite as much as swapping 4-Motion into a MkIV Golf or Jetta, but still a lot of work nonetheless. And that swap, even doing it yourself, is going to cost at least 5-7k on the cheap end and a lot of time.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Word on the street is the stock internals on a EVO 9 can handle 600hp no problem. If that's true, I freaking wish I had that engine. Haha badass motor in general. Let alone bullet proof.

Yup, 4G63 is awesome. I'm not sure about the rods holding up to 600hp, but everything else is probably okay, if not at their limit.

If you're aiming for that power though, you might as well build it.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Yup, elevation is insane. I remember when we went to Colorado back when my parents had their 2003 Avalanche. I was driving it and it was down a good 40hp or so, easy. It was very lethargic and we hadn't even gotten all the way into the mountains where the really high peaks were.

I'm going to disagree here. Subaru's with EL headers sound more like Civics and other 4 banger N/A cars. It makes me sad.

Evo's, both the 4G63's and 4B11's have a much deeper tone to them, much like the FSI and TSI 2.0T.

Unless your car is already paid off, few will argue the potential of an Evo 7-9 and how cheap (relatively speaking, because we all know cars running 10's and faster aren't "cheap") they are to build.

There's quite a bit of work into swapping 4-Motion into our cars. Not quite as much as swapping 4-Motion into a MkIV Golf or Jetta, but still a lot of work nonetheless. And that swap, even doing it yourself, is going to cost at least 5-7k on the cheap end and a lot of time.
Ehh I don't agree with the civic sound at all. Maybe you heard one with a weird exhaust setup or something. All of the ones I hear sounds really great.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Yup, 4G63 is awesome. I'm not sure about the rods holding up to 600hp, but everything else is probably okay, if not at their limit.

If you're aiming for that power though, you might as well build it.
That's just what I was told. I really have no clue. I don't know much about EVO's besides they're fast, and respond to bolt ons better then the STI.

mtlss

Ready to race!

It's true, with skillful tuning obviously. Most owners build their engines though.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
Ehh I don't agree with the civic sound at all. Maybe you heard one with a weird exhaust setup or something. All of the ones I hear sounds really great.

this.

they sound like porsche's with EL in my opinion. dat flat 4 status.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1

@55 seconds. This one is borderline. I've never heard one like this in person. Deeper than most EL setups I've heard and a tiny bit of Evo sound, but the lower rpms it's definitely leaning more towards a N/A I4 sound.

This next one, all FI Honda sounding IMO. It's an okay sound, but IMO, if I was going to build a Subaru, I'd want it to keep its unique boxer sound, regardless of it making less power. I know the EL's are safer with heat as well, but I just feel they lose part of their soul sounding non-boxer.

This one, I can't say I've ever heard that setup. Sounds boxer with a touch of non-boxer.

Comes down to preference in the end.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Matt. That last video definitely didn't sound like he had EL headers on. Haha wild. I'd go EL if I could have my car sound like that. God daaaaamn.