GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

Impact of timing changes (Revo SPS+)

Hi guys, I noticed lately that with cold starts, now that it's cool and damp every morning here (around 10-12C each morning) that the car's really struggling to start up. It tends to take about 4+ seconds of the starter turning the engine, and then it's rough as it slowly climbs to idle. I...
  2. L

Using VAGCOM to log hp/torque?

Hi, I remember reading a while back that there's a way to calculate torque and HP readings using vagcom. In actual fact, I found a measuring block for torque, but I'm wondering how accurite it is once chipped. With respect to the HP calculation, I really can't remember where I saw it and I...
  3. L

A/C efficiency?

Hi guys, I recently went to the dealer for the 32000 km maintenance. I mentioned to them that I found that the AC simply didn't do enough to maintain the in-car temp when on, much less cool the car down. I also told them how a few days prior to bringing the car in, the car did this weird...
  4. L

Got Revo flash

Hi guys, I just got flashed with revo stg 1, 91 octane. My dealer didn't have any select plus switches, so that's forthcoming. He suggested doing a few WOT runs to redline to help the CPU adapt. I have a couple of issues with this: 1- I like having a valid drivers' liscence. Cops in Quebec...
  5. L

So which is it? higher PSI front or back for understeer?

Hi all, I recently quit my job to go fetch another degree in school, so I'm trying to avoid spending money on the H&R sway just yet (it's definitely my choice for my driving, tried it on a friend's car vs neuspeed bar on a tuner's car). I've been reading left right and center about using tire...
  6. L

adjust FTP (set as highbeams) with HID lights

Hi all, I vagcom'd my car so that the highbeams are on when the HID's are on. I live in an area along a river that seems to have alot of fog in the wee hours of the morning, and almost as often late at night, so I put in 2500k yellow high beam lights. Only when I did that did I notice that...
  7. L

Just ordered some new bulbs for the car

Hi all, The winter season is fast approaching here in Montreal, and as such I find myself spending time, and money I don't have on the car... but not for hp. Safe may happen, but I'd much rather it didn't happen at all. Today I bought some nokian hakkapaleetas (or whatever the hell they're...
  8. L

New kid on the block

Pun not intended. I never ever liked them. Been on the 'vortex for a few years, I had a couple of GTI's before my MKV that I had plenty of fun with. I came here and I totally forgot that I joined a few years ago, I think around the time that those funky fast ads were playing and google led me...