GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New kid on the block

liquidonline

my 2.0 was never 2.sl0w
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI 2dr
Pun not intended. I never ever liked them.

Been on the 'vortex for a few years, I had a couple of GTI's before my MKV that I had plenty of fun with. I came here and I totally forgot that I joined a few years ago, I think around the time that those funky fast ads were playing and google led me here to that post of all the ads.

As should be customary of all new members (and I'll consider myself new, I think this is going to be my first post here) here are pics of my ride.

Mods to date:
Vag-Com'd the beast, the usual remote-windows, DRL's etc etc; euro switch, and vanilla air freshner :p

Mods to come:
Neuspeed sport springs *or* eibach prokit. I'm waiting to drive both and make a decision. I've driven a jetta w/vogtlands and found them almost softer than stock, and at 1.8 inch drop, killed the handling. Felt faster, wasn't really though. That car had a unitronic chip, it seems that unitronic runs out of here in MTL (or so it seems for Canada at least) and given their abilities with the software, as opposed to a place where they can just flash you and then tap you on the back and wish you luck, I'm pretty set on them. At this point I'm waiting for the winter to pass, as the extra power and lowered suspension will be of absolutely no use to me during that time.

I also am definitely going to be going with black 18in rims, not sure which yet, though I'm liking the OZ ultraleggeras. Done like this, except I'm not sure I want that pronounced a red lip... maybe only the edge of the lip in red:
(thanks GTI Trojan :p)

Maybe more like this, though I think his red isn't a good match:
(thanks whoever both of you are for the pics, courtesy of google searching :p)

BTW, if any rabbit/audi owners with 16inch wheels wanna trade for my 17's, keep in touch, I'll be posting a trade request soon. I need your rims for my winter tires!

On to my car now....

**Disclaimer** Pics were taken before I did my wax detail on the car, about 3 weeks after purchasing. The car looks a little "blacker" now (thank god/allah/buddha/whoever floats your boat)

liquidonline

my 2.0 was never 2.sl0w
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI 2dr
Nice car! Nice Driveway! Really nice Mustang!

Thanks!

Good eye... The mustang was actually my father's. It was his first new car bought here, he emmigrated to Canada in 1965 or 66. Before this one, he had a used hemi 'Cuda. Unfortunately that car's suffered from several years of neglect. It was out of the garage that day because I test waxed it to see if I can revive the paint. No go.

The car stays on my driveway/garage pretty much all the time now. It's supposed to be a work in progress for my brother and I to toy with, but it's so much work with an old car. I have no time! We're waiting for the right buyer to sell it. My dad won't allow me to sell it to just anyone, they have to be "deserving" of such a car. The engine was once putting out 400 horses, probably way more in torque.

[edit]
BTW, if anyone in upstate NY/NJ/MAINE/VERMONT knows a place where I can keep that car stored so I can have it worked on (for much cheaper in the US) it would be great. I plan on getting it fixed and selling it in the US. The market for this type of car is much better there. Personally, I hate it. Can't turn. Can't stop. Can't lower the passenger window without getting out of the car (can't reach, car's huge).

German engineering > *

liquidonline

my 2.0 was never 2.sl0w
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI 2dr
:needpics: of the mustang! lol

I suppose this comes as a surprise, given I posted in a vw forum. I had one person on the vortex notice the car, except he wasn't entirely sure it was in fact a stang.

I'll try and find some pics of it when it was in much better shape and scan them. It's a pity to have it in the shape it's in now, and I do feel bad, but believe me (and anyone here who's tackled an old vw bus or bug/fox etc will know) once you get started, you can throw budgets or plans out the window. Surprises always pop up, expenses mount, you figure "while I'm at it, let me do XXXX too..." and next thing you know you're calling in sick to work on the car. I digress

I'll try to find pics. For now, enjoy this one:

To Do list:

Wheels/Tires (did suspension last year)
strengthen rear quarter undercarriage/chassis (years of torque flex took it's toll)
Limited slip rear end (the original died 4 yrs ago, replaced with a lincoln rear)
Gas tank/gas tank meter
various electronics near battery, the few there are! (it starts with the help of a screwdriver to run current directly to the starter right now)
Massive body/paint job
New front end bumper/grill/lower valence (lost that in a T-bone accident with a totalled toyota - I mean TOTALLED... cosmetic damage to the mustang)

could have sworn I joined a golf forum though :p haha

Jsmitty

5 meters spread, no sound
Knew it was gonna be a Mach 1. That would sell nicely here. Depending on engine/trans combo would take the value up. Got any front shots?