GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Traded in the GTI today

So everyone, I did it :cry: I traded in my 06 GTI with 35,000 miles for an all black Jeep SRT8. It was fun driving the GTI around, and I'm sure gunna miss the amazing mpg, but the Jeep is more my style and a wee bit faster. And with that, I wish everyone luck with there GTI's in the future.
  2. R

Quick Help Please

Hi, I've tried searching but still have found nothing. I'm trying to hardwire my scanner to my GTI but have no idea what I need or what fuse to plug it in or any of that. Please help!
  3. R

hmmmm

50 bucks to get my Defi Boost Gauge installed. What you think? Take a crack at it myself?
  4. R

Stock Vs Buddys 04 or 05 STI

Me and my buddy did some "fun runs" tonight. Because of where we were doing it we only did 25 - 60 mph pulls (lame, I know). First couple of runs I beat em up to 60 by half a car length. I think he was going easy on me or just wasn't in the right gear, but he gave me the 3 honks so I dunno...
  5. R

Shopping Spree

Here's my shopping spree list... Missing anything? Revo Stage 1 Revo SPS Select Bulletproof PCV Revamp Forge Adjustable Blow-off Valve -All will most likely be purchased from BSH
  6. R

Searched and nothing

Looking for a Black GTi with Fahrenheit rims on it. Kinda want to see what it looks like.
  7. R

Thinking again...

Just had a thought dash into my mind, wanted some input.. Trade my '06 GTI:thumbsup: for a new .:R32 ??:bow: 1000% just up in the air on this one, need some input.
  8. R

Getting Chipped, have questions.

Looking to get a GIAC chip at Dubwerks here in Libertyville. What I was wondering was... What are the best supporting mods / preventative parts to ensure I don't run into problems. Things I have in mind are a new Diverter Valve, PCV valve and Boost Gauge. My question is; Which Diverter Valve...
  9. R

Probably an exhausted issue but...

APR... GIAC...REVO ??? which chip?
  10. R

I need a definite answer =)

I have read a lot on here about letting my car run for a minute before I turn it off but I want a definite answer from someone who really knows for 100 percent. please no "I think..." only "I KNOW" haha, so heres the question Do I need a turbo timer / is it bad that I haven't really let my car...
  11. R

Looking for something

I am looking for the boost gauge that is mounted on the vent on the left hand side of the steering wheel. I found the VMR Sport Tuning gauge but its in the middle. Thanks! btw I tried to search so... ya.
  12. R

Think of trading for an '04 R32

Looking to trade my 2006 GTI for a 2004 R32... My question is which one? Links below... The silver one with rims/ no warranty / and what looks like after market springs in the front and back Silver R32 The second one de-badged in the front/ broken right mirror/ and has GTI rims with a...
  13. R

A tad-bit paranoid (White residue of oil cap)

So I live in Chicago, with freezing cold winters. I noticed some sludgy white residue on my oil cap a little while ago and went to Jiffy Lube to get a engine flush and new oil. Upon there advice I started letting my car warm up ALOT longer (10-15 mins) before setting off for school and didn't...
  14. R

Pot hole from hell

So... long story short I nailed the Grand Canon of Pot Holes yesterday. This winter season has been especially bad on the roads and it is nearly impossible to avoid them. I had to buy a new tire and a new rim... $450!!! :mad: Sigh. I am hopefully going to get some parental backing to help pay...
  15. R

Misfires

So I'm writing here because I just got done reading a tread about Cylinder Misfires the other day and what do you know, my car is misfiring too. Funny thing because as I read the thread I thought that would never happen to me. UGH. lol, It started when my mom started my car this morning (only...
  16. R

Where you get your mods.

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in making a sticky about the exact places on the web that they get/find there mods. I think it would be really helpful if there was a master list of sites, with specific links to different parts. An example would be like, I got my Carbon fiber...
  17. R

Anyone know any cheap DIY's?

Is there any cheap, simple, easy to do mods? I know theres a list of DIY's but all that stuff you need to buy from a company for outragous price's. Im on a teenage budget and was wondering if anyone has done anything simple that adds something different to the car. I already have a blacked out...
  18. R

2000 2.8 A4... NO MODS PLZ HELP

My friend owns a 2000 2.8 a4 but can't find any mods for it. if you know any websites that have any mods plz post them!!! thanks
  19. R

Vag-Com

Is it worth getting? The only thing I can think of doing is turning off my DRL's unless theres some cool things I don't know about. Is there a list of things you can do with it?:iono:
  20. R

Limited Slip Dif.

I don't remember where I heard this but they said that the GTI is in need of a limited slip differential. I don't really know what it does except that if the GTI had one it would be possible to upgrade its HP higher. At leasts thats what I think. Is it possible to get a limited slip for the GTI...