GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone know any cheap DIY's?

R-Bisch

L-VILE
Car(s)
2006 GTI MKV
Is there any cheap, simple, easy to do mods? I know theres a list of DIY's but all that stuff you need to buy from a company for outragous price's. Im on a teenage budget and was wondering if anyone has done anything simple that adds something different to the car. I already have a blacked out front emblem... so i dont know. just wonderin

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
well, you could always invest in a nice cleaning/wax kit.. i reccomend zaino, its what i use. and its not really a mod, but it makes ur car look even more sexy!

TheUnfadableMix

CPhT Euro Enthusiast!!!
Car(s)
07' GTI 2d CW Pk1
It costs to be a boss.....im pretty sure theres some sort of "thrifty" diy on here.... u just have click that one link up there.... ya, the "search" button LOL....*idea* PRIMER your car.... thats cheap!!

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
You could remove your resonator. I've seen em go for about $25-75. Oh wait not a DIY but still a cheap mod.

sk8chip98

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
come on now FREE!!!! CHEAP!!!! you drive a VW not a civic buddy... heres some older man advice, make a wish list of parts and keep it by the comp. look for the parts and think ok performance, cosmetics, which waydo i want to go? how much are they? how hard to install? all that stuff. im assumeing you work but who knows now or days..... save you money and start making your way down the list. its a great feeling.
ps dont cut corners do it right the first time...... good luck :)

Zach L

VR junkie
ps dont cut corners do it right the first time...... good luck :)
I agree. If you're constantly spending on little things here and there for your car, you're never gonna have enough money to buy the stuff you really want. Then you'll just end up with a car full of cheap, mediocre mods you really didn't want in the first place just cause you were too impatient. Save up, and when you finally get some of the stuff you really would like, you'll be really proud and happy with the car.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
I agree. If you're constantly spending on little things here and there for your car, you're never gonna have enough money to buy the stuff you really want. Then you'll just end up with a car full of cheap, mediocre mods you really didn't want in the first place just cause you were too impatient. Save up, and when you finally get some of the stuff you really would like, you'll be really proud and happy with the car.

so did are you going to run springs AND SHOCKS like i advised? lol.

R-Bisch

L-VILE
Car(s)
2006 GTI MKV
Well today I was sitting in my car and notice the clear covers over my inside lights. So, lol, i poped them off and sharpied the reverse side red... I saw that someone made there inside lights red by getting new bulbs but this, i mean sharpe'n the clear part works really well. I'll try to post some pics if i get a chance... I'm surprised it even worked!