GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Timvgti

Can I replace the subframe bolts on a 4 post auto lift?

Guys, I've noticed the knocking noise from vehicle front. Typically occurs only one time after each direction change. Sames as in the ECS video. I want to replace the subframe bolts for the 'newer' models and the extra spacers. Bolts: N90823501 Spacers: 7M3499349A ECS...
  2. Timvgti

how to connect an aftermarket parking sensor kit?

I'm going to buy an aftermarket 4 sensor parking kit. Just a simple kit with 4 sensors, an interface module and a speaker. I only want a beep. No o.e.m. / OPS / connection to rns510 is necessary. (I'm going to spray the four aftermarket sensors to match my mkv, united grey) Where is the nearest...
  3. Timvgti

Painting sideskirts, rear bumper, front lip UG, pics?

Hi guys, In a few weeks I'm going to spray the plastic black parts (mkv European 5door GTI Unitey Grey) in a bodyshop. I want to spray the rear bumper (besides the centre lowest part/diffuser part, like in the picture. I also want to spray the sideskirts and I doubt if I should also paint the...
  4. Timvgti

DSG reset/basic settings (vcds) solves jerkiness temporary!?

Hi guys, I have a 06 2005 GTI MKV (ABT remap 240ps) with DSG. Bought it in october 2010 (a year ago). Noticed that it 'hesitates' a little when driving off slowly (citydriving/trafficlights/etc.). So from a standstill, gently on the accelerator, it feels like it 'jumps' a little around...
  5. Timvgti

Best PCV fix / catchcan solution?

Guys, I've read sóóó many forums/topics about the 'carbon build up/ aerated oil and failing stock pcv's. Looking for the best option to solve these problems, but confused, because there are so many brands and solutions. Can you guys help me out? What to choose? --> - A complete closed catch...
  6. Timvgti

How to disable 15 seconds alarm delay?

Hi guys, I have the o.e.m. VW Golf V GTI alarm system plus (don't know how it's called in the US, but in The Netherlands it is called a 'factory class 3 alarm' with angle detection, interior sensors, door sensors, towing sensors, etc.) You arm/disarm/lock/unlock the MKV with the key/remote. If...
  7. Timvgti

info about VAG-Commander cable + clusterswitch

Hi Guys, I recently bought a VAG K+CAN COMMANDER cable from a online Dutch marketplace (I live in The Netherlands) and I hope to receive it asap. I have a 2005 EU VW Golf V GTI with a midline cluster. A friend has a 2006 EU VW Golf V GTI with a higline cluster. He want's to buy a R32 higline...
  8. Timvgti

DIY aftermarket Park Distance Control?

Hi guys, I don't have PDC/OPS on my European VW Golf V GTI 2005 and want to place an aftermarket PDC set. Just a simple one with a small hidden speaker in the trunk. So I can hear how close I am to an object (beep...beep..beep.beep.beep) Is there a how-to how to fit the sensors, distance...
  9. Timvgti

50mm or 55mm coilovers/shocks?

Hi guys, I'm looking for the best price/quality coilover kit for my European VW Golf V GTI DSG 06-2005. (looking and comparing KW variant 1, Eibach Pro Street S, Bilstein B14, Koni, etc.) In my search I see two sizes/diameter shocks: -> 50mm and 55mm. Also there should be a difference between...
  10. Timvgti

How to remove this panel? (picture inside)

Hi guys, I want to remove the panel, circled in red in the picture at the bottom of this post. I want to get to the 12v wires from the 12v socket, but don't know how to remove this plastic panel to get to it!?! (click on image to enlarge) (sorry for bad iphone 3gs picture) Gr. Tim
  11. Timvgti

VW warranty spend $4856,95 on my GTI, but now it feels like new!

I bought my GTI ('05, 85000km, UG, DSG, leather, ABT-remap, almost all options) in semptember 2010 at a VW-Dealer (The Netherlands). Because I'm familiar with VCDS (owned a TT mk1 quattro), I started scanning for faultcodes and found that the flapper motor failed and auto rain sensor didn't work...
  12. Timvgti

Info about making HDR-photo's

Hi guys, When weather/sun is getting better, I want to take some good pictures. I have a Canon Eos 30d body, Canon 25-105mm usm lens, Canon 100-300mm usm lens and Sigma 21-35mm lens. I use Adobe Photoshop CS5, but I'm no pro... I often see beautifull (and I think HDR/High Dynamic Range)...
  13. Timvgti

want to spray frontlip, skirts and rear. Opinions!?

Hi Guys, I want to spray the lower front lip, the sideskirts and the lower part of the rear bumper (I have a stock GTI, so al these parts are black plastics), to match my United Gray color. (Looking for a good paint shop over here, in The Netherlands) I need your opinions on this: Should I...
  14. Timvgti

R32 rear bumper, only lower part different?

Hi Guys, In the future/depending on costs I want to spray my original GTI rear bumper (the lower part isn't painted like most mkv gti's, so just black plastic) or I want to change it to a R32 rear. Looking at pictures, I found the R32 lower part. So is only the lower part between the stock GTI...
  15. Timvgti

Why are my windows o.e.m. bluish?

Hi Guys, I noticed (especially in the sun) that all of the windows on my MKV GTI are 'bluish'). A friend of mine has a MKV GTI with o.e.m. 'privacy glass', so his windows are stock black-tinted. Is the 'bluish' tint stock o.e.m. (I live in the Netherlands)? And is it still possible to get the...
  16. Timvgti

What RNS-510 look model is this?

So many topics about all the different RNS-510 look navi's, but tried the search function and couldn't find what I was looking for. I live in The Netherlands. At this moment I have the o.e.m. RCD310 and want an aftermarket RNS-510 look system (aftermarket because it's cheaper and has all the...
  17. Timvgti

How to activate footwell lights while driving?

Hi guys, I have a 2005 GTI with the 'small mfa', so I don't have the option to adjust things like with the 'big mfa' (MFA+?) My footwell lights only go on when I open my doors, but I also want them on when I am driving and headlights are on/in darkness. And maybe with a adjusted brightness and...
  18. Timvgti

Bought led license plate lights today

Today I bought a set of good quality LED license plate lights, specially made for the VW Golf. Resistors are also included, so no faultcodes. I think they will look gOOd :happyanim: Going to fit them tomorrow. Sorry for the quality of the photo's (iPhone)...
  19. Timvgti

Change intermittent time rear wiper?

Is it possible (with vagcom) to alter the time between wipes when the rear wiper is left "on"? The factory setting wipes the window way too often. Unecessary wear on the motor and blade and makes noise when window isn't really 'wet'. Once every 2 minutes would be enough. With vagcom I also...
  20. Timvgti

Drivetrain loss Gti needed for Dynolicious?

Hi guys, I want to use dynolicious (iPhone app) to measure how many hp's I have. I know it's accurate because I tested my VW transporter with 130hp and it said 135hp after multiple tests and my Audi TT with a 215hp remap said around 211hp with dynolicious. But what's the drivetrain loss for...