GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to disable 15 seconds alarm delay?

Timvgti

Ready to race!
Hi guys,

I have the o.e.m. VW Golf V GTI alarm system plus (don't know how it's called in the US, but in The Netherlands it is called a 'factory class 3 alarm' with angle detection, interior sensors, door sensors, towing sensors, etc.)

You arm/disarm/lock/unlock the MKV with the key/remote.
If you open te doors with the key (not using the remote, but put the key in the driver's door lock) and open the door, the car/alarm gives you around 15 seconds to put the key in ignition.

If you do this, the alarm won't activate, because the chip/transponder in the key is read through the ignitionkeylock.
If you don't (within 15 seconds) the alarm goes on.

15 seconds is pretty much time (thieves can open mkv doors with a master key and then deactivate the alarm system with a special tool/laptop through the OBD-port within 15 seconds), so I want to deactivate this delay!!!

I always use the remote, and if the battery in the remote is empty, I have a spare remote and otherwise I don't mind if my own alarm goes on/sounds immediately.

So how to deactivate the stupid delay?
(I have vcds 10.6)

P.s.: My o.e.m. alarm gives a 'chirp' sound, but wish it was louder.
I read that the alarms in US-mkv's is a 'honk' (using the horn). Why???

Gr.

Tim

Timvgti

Ready to race!
FOUND IT!!!! :) :)

In VCDS, 46 Central Convenience Module, go to long coding, and select byte 10 bit 3: Anti Theft Alarm Delay (15sec) inactive (Thatcham)
Now the alarm sounds immediately when opening the door!!!

I also changed the siren tone type (Byte 11 Bit 5) from the soft/lame sounding 'discontinuoud' beeps to the louder/irritating 'frequency modulated' sound!
(This sounds like a real alarm should)

Sounded like this (not my own movie, but sound is 100% the same):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyyPXJrHLKs

And now sounds like this (not my own movie, but sound is 100% the same):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVkb8SlzuIM

P.s.: I also activated the 'chirp' and 'chirp-chirp' when arming and disarming.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
P.s.: My o.e.m. alarm gives a 'chirp' sound, but wish it was louder.
I read that the alarms in US-mkv's is a 'honk' (using the horn). Why??
FYI.
The US alarm horn is a downgrade from your more sophisticated electronic alarm module.
The US alarm does not use the regular horns, it is a wimpy horn dedicated to alarm duties.
The US alarm relies solely on the Comfort System Central Control Module J393
and has no smarts of its own, its just a simple horn.
The electronic alarm module has an integrated controller and will alert without the assistance of the J393 module.
The electronic alarm has its own Ni-MH battery, so it can sound even with the car battery is disconnected.
The simpler US alarm horn has no such backup, and is dead if the car battery is disconnected.

Timvgti

Ready to race!
Jetturbo, thanks!
I also found out that my VW PLUS alarm system is way better than the standard VW US alarm.
But it wasn't good enough and with these Vagcom settings, it's getting a little better...