GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Silver89

Front end MKV squeak - how serious?

Recently my MKV has begun to squeak from the front, I'm a little confused as to what's causing the squeak though... It only really happens when I'm driving under say 30mph, more so in traffic or when it's stop start. Doesn't appear to be the breaks as it happens when I'm not even touching the...
  2. Silver89

MKV boot dimensions with seats down?

I'm looking to bring back a desk from work today, it measures 80cm wide and 160cm long... will it fit into my Golf MKV with the seats down? What's the depth from the boot to the back of the front seats? Thanks
  3. Silver89

What is the difference between an MKV 1.9 TDI SE and a Sport?

I'm looking to sell my Golf but I don't know whether it's an SE or Sport, how can I tell? It's a 55 plate, 3 door, Golf Mkv 1.9 TDI if that helps at all? Any tell tale signs? No Air Con No Leather Alloys Auto sensing lights/window wipers Thanks
  4. Silver89

Managed to drop a bolt head into the engine bay ..

Was just performing the fairly straightforward task or swapping the battery over when one of these damned things fell into the engine bay .. I have no idea where it went though, is it a massive issue to leave it in there? and any tips on getting it out? thanks!
  5. Silver89

Lamin-x tinted rears on my mkv

As loads of people always ask for photos here's some pics! Pretty damn tricky to install but if you do them in a hot place with patience it's easy! One of two tiny bubbles that you can see from about 1 foot away but they'll go in a week or two, the tiny droplets in these pics are water :)...
  6. Silver89

Wingmirror Electrics

The other day an ambulance decided to overtake with lights on, I got a lil close to some parked cars and took a little knock on the wing mirror... Now when I use the electric switch to move the right hand side mirror the left one moves as well as the right? It works fine if I use the left side...
  7. Silver89

Video of my driving

Was testing out some new dashboard recording hardware today and it produced the following result.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFJdijdv7Rs&fmt=18 It only records at 720p so the quality isn't amazing, what do you think? Please not I also messed around with this in 'windows movie maker' and...
  8. Silver89

What is this? (found in my boot)

When I bought my car (Golf MKV 1.9tdi) there is two of these things in my boot and I have no idea what they do or are for?
  9. Silver89

Learning about my new wheels..

For anyone that's seen my pics or heard then this is my first diesel / turbo car so I'm learning all the time! It's a Golf 2005 mk5 1.9 TDi that's done 76k miles, as I'm student I have to settle for these high miles but maybe in a year or two I'll step up to a GTi :) What I'd like to know is...
  10. Silver89

Bright Orange caliper paint

Hey guys, I've been reading up on all your caliper painting threads and found a good tutorial for doing this, I'm swayed at the moment between bright orange, white or red. At the moment I'm thinking orange because it's a little different and might look good with the black paintwork and these...
  11. Silver89

Wanted: Drivers side Sun Visor with mirror

Looking for the above for a Golf MK5 TDi 1.9 It's proving pretty hard to track these down!
  12. Silver89

My MKV

So took me a couple of weeks to find the right one, it's a diesel 1.9tdi, would of gone with a GT but I'm 21 so insurance etc etc... Hope you like it! (little bit of pollen on the car atm, nightmare to keep it clean with a tree on the drive...)
  13. Silver89

On ebay GTI Alloys

Hey, Just browsing around for bits and bobs that I might consider and came across: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-GTI-Style-Alloy-Wheels-Tyres-VW-Golf-Passat-/160441801643?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item255b139bab I'm looking for these kind of alloys but I...
  14. Silver89

Sun Visor stuck

Hey guys, Just got my new (but used .. new new if I wasnt a broke student :p) MK5 Golf, love it but there's a few small things that need fixing. One of which is the drivers sun visor, when you pull it out it slides along but it has got stuck so can now only go 10% out to 100% out, the small...
  15. Silver89

WTB: Golf mkv Diesel South East England

Hi, I'm looking for a Golf mkv in the South East of England (Kent) The following would be ideal: Around £6000 Diesel Under 60k mileage 3 doors Good Condition Send me a PM if your selling or know of garage or someone else that is selling, Many Thanks! :)
  16. Silver89

Golf mk5 1.6 - South East England

Looking for the above, preferably a 3 door with under 60,000 miles on the clock. Have around £6k to spend, keep seeing a couple around garages or on autotrader but they disappear very fast! :(