GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Video of my driving

Silver89

Passed Driver's Ed
Was testing out some new dashboard recording hardware today and it produced the following result..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFJdijdv7Rs&fmt=18

It only records at 720p so the quality isn't amazing, what do you think?

Please not I also messed around with this in 'windows movie maker' and published it as the wrong codec type so it's out of shape etc..

Last edited:

Silver89

Passed Driver's Ed
Well the good part is you can change the bullet recorder that is fitted, so when I've next got some pounds (dollars) lying around I'll be upgrading to sony 1080p but until then this will do, I just want to record like a 3 hour journey then speed it upto 3 minutes for some music videos, think it would look pretty kl.

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
Dude, I'm not bragging or anything, but my HTC HD2 takes better video when mounted on my windshield, and its nowhere near 720p.

Silver89

Passed Driver's Ed
Dude, I'm not bragging or anything, but my HTC HD2 takes better video when mounted on my windshield, and its nowhere near 720p.

Yeh but this wasn't even 1/4 of the price of a HTC, I could mount my iphone 4 or digital camera but there way too big.

I just wanted something small that was easy to use so thought I'd give it a try, I love my gadgets.

It can also fit about 10 hours on 4GB.

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
I didn't even know they existed? Are there any reputable kits out there to hook the iphone into the standard radio?

you lost me there man :iono: i'm talking about this, is not exactly what I have, but is something like it:

Attachments

• 4acd0eda15bf0_109068n.jpg
    4acd0eda15bf0_109068n.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 396

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
thats turrable. it will shake like crazy

not really, I recorded my driving from work all the way back to my house, and its perfect, no rattles or noises at all, the only thing you can hear is the rain agaist the windshield :thumbsup:

PooLeArMor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 CW GTi
what hardware u use to mount ur cam ???

i have a Sony bloggie HD Camcorder which i want to use to record while i am driving ...

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
have you tryed ebay? you might be able to find a camera mount that mounts on the pole coming out of the headrest on either drivers or passengers side.