GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. thatspsychotic

PC Building

Yeah the CPU decision space is kinda tough right now, and finding the right case isn't trivial either. On the CPU end, it really depends what the Ryzen 3xxx series chips look like when they launch, AMD is really giving Intel a run for their money. I can't recommend an Intel CPU at the...
  2. thatspsychotic

PC Building

Nice build, I pulled the trigger last spring (before the 9xxx series Intel chips launched) and ended up with a pretty similar spec: Case - Fractal Define C Fans - 2x Noctua NF-P14s intake, 1x Noctua S12A exhaust PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GS Ram - G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 3000 MHz C15 x2 (RAM prices...
  3. thatspsychotic

GTI MKVII to have 260bhp!

That, and it only makes sense for engines with multiples of 6 cylinders (assuming it's parallel turbocharging... sequential maybe it could work with other configs.)
  4. thatspsychotic

+1 to this. 99% of the time in M here too.
  5. thatspsychotic

Yes, as does the Veloster Turbo and the new Genesis Coupe 2.0T, BMW's N55 I6 in the x35 models and the new N20 in the x28 and x30 models. Turbo engines are the future, and twin-scroll is the future of turbos.
  6. thatspsychotic

I'll give you an example, this happens to me all the time. If I'm puttering behind traffic in 2nd or 3rd gear, then the slow guy in front turns out of the way, I'm not going to downshift to first just to break traction and make lots of noise. I just press the gas in whatever gear I'm in...
  7. thatspsychotic

I HATE when people say this. Call it what you want, but even a turbo as small as the IHI feels completely different from a larger N/A engine. There's definitely lag/delay/spooling/surge, whether you want to call it that or not, especially down low in the revs. You can even hear the lag with...