GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by SMRGTI

1. SMRGTI

Initial thoughts on CM FX400

Just got my Clutch Masters FX400 with full face steel flywheel installed by Tuning Gruppe and in the middle of the 500 mile break in period. Initial thoughts.. Slight increase in clutch chatter during revving in neutral, and less when in gear. Revving in neutral also more responsive. Clutch...
  2. SMRGTI

GT35R Bad Idea?

Would a GT35R turbo cause too much lag for the 2.0 FSI? Are we better off with the GT30R or GT28R? Also would the engine need a proper rebuild for that big of a turbo?
  3. SMRGTI

GT30 safe w/ stock internals on pump gas?

Would I be safe running a GT30 turbo kit on stock internals by just running 91 oct pump gas?
  4. SMRGTI

Slipping OEM clutch. Need answers plz!

I notice hard clutch slipping 3rd thru 6th gear this winter consistently when @ 15-25 PSI. Could this mean that 1st & 2nd gear are slipping as well? More dramatic slippage in the higher gears obviously, but hard to tell if 1st & 2nd are slipping. Car seems slower in 2nd gear from a 0-60mph...
  5. SMRGTI

Bad/slipping clutch effect 1/4 mile time?

I took my car to the drag strip recently and noted my 1/4 mile times were a full second slower. Its been more than a year ago since I've last been to the drag strip. I was stage 2 back then running mid 14s on 19" TSWs and now stage 2+ on stock 17" with new tires and running slower (mid 15s). I...
  6. SMRGTI

Will coilover kit help with wheel hop?

Seems like almost everytime a get some pretty hard wheel hop from off the line and in first gear. I'm only on springs as of now. I switched to BSH motor mount kit and still experience the same hop. Would an upgrade to coilovers help reduce or eliminate this annoying problem?
  7. SMRGTI

Need decision on clutch kit.

I'm getting close to the BT install but cannot decide between Clutchmasters or Southbend and was looking for some opinions. Reliability? Longevity? :barf:
  8. SMRGTI

Don't you hate it when...

Don't you hate it when you race someone (and yes beat them) but the car never gives you its full potential and then when you do mess around on the road, ALONE the very same day or any other day, the car is so much faster?!?!? and you say to yourself, WTF why couldn't it have done this when...
  9. SMRGTI

Don't you hate it when...

Don't you hate it when you race someone (and yes beat them) but the car never gives you its full potential and then when you do mess around on the road, ALONE the very same day or any other day, the car is so much faster?!?!? and you say to yourself, WTF why couldn't it have done this when...
  10. SMRGTI

OEM brake pad & rotor life?

Car has almost 75k and still I haven't had the need to change the pads and rotors yet. No indication or noise, plus rotors seems to still look sharp. It is a 6MT so I do a lot of downshifting rather than the brake pedal. Anyone one else have this long of brake life? Just curious. :smile:
  11. SMRGTI

Best fuel injectors for GTX3076R turbo kit?

Would RS4 or S3 injectors work best for a 3076? I keep hearing good and bad things for the RS4 and S3 fuel injectors. Does anyone have a BT kit similar with any of these injectors with good/bad results? Yes I have done my research but not satisfying enough. I would like personal responses from...
  12. SMRGTI

Piston & Rod Coating or Non-Coating?

Is it worth spending the extra $200 to coat pistons and rods? Does this increase the longevity? JUST LIKE CURIOSITY SAYS... ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS!
  13. SMRGTI

63ar T3 flanged or 82ar T3 flanged? Difference?

I cant decide which turbine housing AR is better or more beneficial. Can anyone explain the true difference. 63ar or 82ar? Either considering a GTX3076R or GTX3582R turbo kit. What would you recommend???
  14. SMRGTI

GTX3076R on Stock Motor Safe with Proper Tuning???

I plan on purchasing a GTX3076R turbo kit for my already existing Stage2+ GIAC GTI. Is it possible for GIAC to properly tune my car with a lower/safe PSI? Reason is because I want achieve the maximum hp yet safely and efficiently enough not to cause any internal damage. Later down the road I...
  15. SMRGTI

Clutch/flywheel replacement?

I notice (feel/hear) a very faint thud when I put the car into first gear from neutral when stationary. I seems to happen almost every time. Could it possibly be the clutch/flywheel going bad?