GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by siLc

1. siLc

Sound insulation q's

Bought some of this stuff http://stp-distribution.com/dl/manuals/STP_GOLD_BULK_SOLUTION.pdf ...and looking forward to applying it gratuitously (or not) to the door skins, wheel wells and trunk floor. Maybe I'm overthinking it but for the front wells, should I apply the material to the fender...
  2. siLc

Idle vibration problems. Clutch?

Hi all, lets just begin by saying my 2004 Golf V doesn't have the most known engine around these parts - EU-ordinary 1.6 102hp gasoline engine, code BGU. 5spd manual transmission. The trouble is that at idle revs the engine irregularly vibrates, which can be felt throught the seat, wheel and...
  3. siLc

Uneven body panel gaps at front bumper

I'm thinking of correcting an uneven body gap problem at my Mk5's driver-side headlight on my own. The bumper slightly droops down and won't completely lock with the grille's driver-side locking clip. As I see it, I need to take the bumper off, maybe replace the bumper guide rail (1K0 807 889A)...
  4. siLc

Differences between light switches

I'm looking to adding front fogs to my Mk5, but need a new light switch. There are different part numbers available on the eBay, which confuse me a bit. Since my Mk5 has the light sensor, I need a switch with 4 main positions. Part numbers off of eBay: 1K0941431BM 1K0941431BN 1K0941431N All...
  5. siLc

MFSW buttons with aftermarket headunit

Have had my Golf Mk5 Sportline for 4 months now and tired of burning audio CD-s. So I am interested in either swapping out the stock RCD300 headunit for something mp3-capable. The easiest way out would be an aftermarket single DIN headunit with the appropriate bezel and wiring adapter. The...
  6. siLc

Alternator or A/C pump trouble?

Hi all, I'm looking to buy a used 2004 Golf Mk5 Sportline 1.6 (non-FSI) with 141k km / 88k miles on it, which has some minor faults. Namely, when the A/C is turned on, there is a grinding-like noise coming from the area where the alternator is located. Since I'm already pushing my budget on the...