GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sound insulation q's

siLc

Passed Driver's Ed
Bought some of this stuff http://stp-distribution.com/dl/manuals/STP_GOLD_BULK_SOLUTION.pdf

...and looking forward to applying it gratuitously (or not) to the door skins, wheel wells and trunk floor.

Maybe I'm overthinking it but for the front wells, should I apply the material to the fender liner or the body itself? The goal is to minimize road noise (duh).

As seen before, most people around here cover every nook and cranny with Dynamat (or something else) - is it really justified to do so? I mean, some argue that full 100% coverage isn't neccessary, just between 50-75% will do fine. What do you guys think? Should save me some material to use elsewhere.

siLc

Passed Driver's Ed
Some results so far...

Used up 2 sheets (53x75cm or 20x29in) of the stuff and got this. Tried to use pieces as big as possible. Ran out of time and didn't want to open up the 3rd sheet to completely cover the spare wheel well.

siLc

Passed Driver's Ed
One door done, 3 to go...

I actually had to trim the foam where the door reinforcement beam is. I hear that there should not be such a problem with the front doors?