GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dmsquattro

1. dmsquattro

headliner replacement

At 110K miles, my headliner just s### the bed. Does anyone know either: 1. A reputable upholstery shop in or around Westchester NY; or 2. A place to pick up a used headliner - I've looked in the forums and on ebay and there is nada. Thanks much.
  2. dmsquattro

WTB - door cards

Looking for door cards for MKV GTI 2-door. Must be in decent shape - no sagging, staining, etc. Please let me know if you have anything. Looking for both R and L sides, but willing to take just one if that's all you've got.
  3. dmsquattro

Infinity mechanic

Does anyone know a good/reputable Infinity mechanic in the NY Rockland County/Westchester County area? Thanks.
  4. dmsquattro

BBK clearance question

Can someone confirm that the Stoptech ST-41 BBK kit or the Wilwood Forged Narrow Superlite 6R BBK kit will fit over 17" Classix wheels without a spacer? If both fit, what is a better option? I'm leaning toward the Stoptech kit, but not sure. Also, will these kits work with a stock master...
  5. dmsquattro

Suspension help

I currently have an H&R sport cup kit. However, I think the shocks are gone - I am constantly hitting the bump-stops and the ride has become rather bouncy. I'm thinking of just leaving the H&R springs and just replacing the struts/shocks with Koni yellows. Any other suggestions for...
  6. dmsquattro

Poor MPG

I know there have been a few posts about this issues (and yes, I have searched, but still don't have an answer to my issue). I have been experiencing very poor gas milage - averaging 24-25 MGP - mixed driving (70% highway/30% city). No, I don't hammer my car. I just replaced my plugs...
  7. dmsquattro

Brake issues - please help!

I'm having an issue where I have to depress the brake pedal quite far to get any braking force. However, if I "pump" the brakes (push down a bit, let it up and push down again), I'm getting the proper bite. I know that this sounds like a situation where there is air in the lines - it's not...
  8. dmsquattro

Help with trunk lock

I need a little help. All of a sudden, I am no longer able to unlock the trunk with a double press on the remote. It will unlock if I hold down the middle button (trunk) on the remote for like 4 seconds, but that always worked. I just prefer to double click. I changed the car's battery over...
  9. dmsquattro

Odd noise - PLEASE HELP

When I start my car, even if I just had it running 5 minutes before, there is a strange noise coming from (what it sounds like) the front passenger side behind the dash. The noise lasts for a few seconds and then stops. It may happen 2 or 3 times, but within 2 or 3 minutes of starting the car...
  10. dmsquattro

Little help please...

I'm heading out to LA for a few days and probably heading up to Kernville. I was looking at a map and it seems like both Routes 155 and 178 near Isabella Lake could be really sweet driving roads. Anyone have any experience with them. If not, are there other hidden spots in that area to do some...
  11. dmsquattro

To the California (LA area) folks...

I'm heading out to LA for a few days and probably heading up to Kernville. I was looking at a map and it seems like both Routes 155 and 178 near Isabella Lake could be really sweet driving roads. Anyone have any experience with them. If not, are there other hidden spots in that area to do...
  12. dmsquattro

what did you do to your mkv today?

Just got her back from a carbon cleaning. Before and after...
  13. dmsquattro

Question for CA folks

Hope you guys can help me out. I'm a NYC native through and through. But now reaching my mid-forties, work has burnt me out and I need a break. I was thinking about flying to CA to rent a car, blast down/up PCH and drive some nice canyon roads and clear my head. 2 questions - do you have any...
  14. dmsquattro

wheel bearing cap

Odd question, but are we supposed to have grease/dust caps on the front wheel bearings? I was changing over to winter tire set-up and noticed that on the rears, I had caps on both sides, but not on the front. Didn't know if I'm just missing them or they aren't supposed to be there.
  15. dmsquattro

Which catch can

Can someone tell me which catch cans are compatible with the factory engine cover? Thanks.