GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suspension help

dmsquattro

Ready to race!
I currently have an H&R sport cup kit. However, I think the shocks are gone - I am constantly hitting the bump-stops and the ride has become rather bouncy. I'm thinking of just leaving the H&R springs and just replacing the struts/shocks with Koni yellows. Any other suggestions for shocks/struts?

This is a daily driver, but I want as much performance as I can without compromising the quality of the ride. Plus, I'm just not willing to drop over $1k for a quality set of coils.
Thanks.

gdub9

Go Full Jeremy Clarkson
Car(s)
08 GTI
Buddy of mine has em on Mustang, says they're pretty awesome. Easy to adjust, solid feel.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I currently have an H&R sport cup kit. However, I think the shocks are gone - I am constantly hitting the bump-stops and the ride has become rather bouncy. I'm thinking of just leaving the H&R springs and just replacing the struts/shocks with Koni yellows. Any other suggestions for shocks/struts?

This is a daily driver, but I want as much performance as I can without compromising the quality of the ride. Plus, I'm just not willing to drop over $1k for a quality set of coils.
Thanks.

Koni yellows seem to be a bargain right now ECS has them for 551.00 with free shipping.

I run Eibach Sportline springs and Bilsteins that are for the MK6. The Bilsteins are more expensive and of a monotube design which is supposed to be better than the twin tubes however the Bilsteins are not adjustable. In my case I have a 300+ whp car that I drive daily and take to the track. I have found this combo to be perfect for me. Been running this setup for 3 years now and they are holding up very well.

The ones I have are 682.00 LINK
Important to get the ones with this particular part number which is for a Golf/GTI MK6, the previous version for the MKV was so stiff that a lot of folks complained heavily - do not got those.

Koni's will get the job done too, probably nice upgrade for a daily driver but I just wanted to give you a good alternative that has been well tested and will serve you well street or track.

dmsquattro

Ready to race!
Thanks. Appreciate the input. I'm leaning toward the Konis - the deal ECS is running now is great.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I'd go with the Koni Yellows....great dampers

I'd replace the front strut mounts & bearings and the rear shock mounts too, when you swap them in, for a refresh

roejiley

Conveyor Tech
Car(s)
MK7 LGM R
If you bought the Bilsteins new and have the confirmation email I'm pretty sure you can get them rebuilt and covered by warranty.

dmsquattro

Ready to race!
Just bought the Konis and the ECS intall kit. Cant want to get them on the car.