GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent Behavior On the Forum

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
I love this forum. If I was banned or it got shut down I would be lost and might actually get work done at work :cry::cry:

illDub6

Ready to race!
lolz

Xtreme1

Ready to race!
Argh the joy of keyboard cowboys!

Biggest issue with forums is the inability to portray tone of voice. So something that is ment as a joke come across as being down right rude.

Alway re read you post to make sure that it can not be taken in hate. There is always a group of people who like to bite before reading into what has been posted.

Mind you some of the threads in the last few weeks have helped put a smile on my face during a shit busy week at work.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
WTF is wrong with this forum lately? I get on and not only is there shit threads with people constantly asking the same damn question (As well as some that were twice within the same hour), there are pissing matches left and right. I'm talking serious pissing matches. There hasnt been a good clean debate for a while.

No wonder I've slacked off my posting lately.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
WTF is wrong with this forum lately? I get on and not only is there shit threads with people constantly asking the same damn question (As well as some that were twice within the same hour), there are pissing matches left and right. I'm talking serious pissing matches. There hasnt been a good clean debate for a while.

No wonder I've slacked off my posting lately.

Pretty much sums it up for me. Most of the threads nowadays are repeated questions or there's an argument going on which is accomplishing nothing. Thanks, Bender, we actually have needed this recently :thumbsup:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I think we're starting to get a lot of "second generation" gti owners

I think you're 100% correct.

Pretty much sums it up for me. Most of the threads nowadays are repeated questions or there's an argument going on which is accomplishing nothing. Thanks, Bender, we actually have needed this recently :thumbsup:

What bothers me also, is the misinformation that is spread. I cant tell you how much WRONG information is being passed out by new users here. We need a filter to say YOU CANT POST until you have 5 hours of internet time on the forums. That way you can at least know a little about whats going on.

SRT2GTI

Banned
Outside of people asking the same question over and over again, it seems like alot of arguments are stemming from the "VS." section. People accusing other members of not being able to hang with this car or you would get smoked by that car, etc. Just an observation.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
What bothers me also, is the misinformation that is spread. I cant tell you how much WRONG information is being passed out by new users here. We need a filter to say YOU CANT POST until you have 5 hours of internet time on the forums. That way you can at least know a little about whats going on.

I've been on forums (not car) where you can't make new threads unless you have about 10/15 regular posts and about 4 hours total. That forum has few repeated threads. We could implement that if it gets bad enough.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I also feel like people make an attempt to take shots at the vendors every chance they get, when ultimately they're ignorant to the matter.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I've been on forums (not car) where you can't make new threads unless you have about 10/15 regular posts and about 4 hours total. That forum has few repeated threads. We could implement that if it gets bad enough.

I like that idea.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think most of the issues we get here is due to the demographics of the forum. We have a lot of younger "rebellious" members.

P

plac

What also needs to stop are people bashing one persons personal experiences and findings with their own car.

JhnR

Banned
we need less mad bro's around here. more happy people