GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering's IE450T kit

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I was referring to whp... 430 chp = ~385 whp assuming a 10% drivetrain loss. And I was saying 'around' 375 for a maxed ko4, ballpark figure...
What I mainly meant is on a ko4, there's no way to push beyond 400 whp. I've never heard of ko4 sport?

Ko4 sport is the turbo we use that comes on the S3 golf r ect. You will be close to 400whp with rods and but more impressive is torque will be over 400 to the wheels and flat from around 3k rpm to around 6k. HP isn't everything

to get those numbers the k04 is outside of its efficiency range for sure. unless thats on 1bar of boost and the k04 is way bigger then I thought?? my point is just that a k04 is a lot of money to gain at max 110whp or so, over stock turbo. and a lil lag isnt always a bad thing, especially to help with traction

Car(s)
Subaru
to get those numbers the k04 is outside of its efficiency range for sure. unless thats on 1bar of boost and the k04 is way bigger then I thought?? my point is just that a k04 is a lot of money to gain at max 110whp or so, over stock turbo. and a lil lag isnt always a bad thing, especially to help with traction

youre right. it is a lot of money but the torque gain is nice and the flat line in power instead of a peak number in the lower rpms in a k03, a k04 carries that to almost redline. thats why a k04 is so much faster than a k03. a bt is another league really

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I'm planning on ko4, just to finish this off as a dd, then begin a savings to do an "epic" build... With a BT and 4motion
I'd love to throw in the ttrs motor... Another cylinder ftw

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie

Hey guys, we just posted our official intro to the development and first look into some of the features of our up coming turbo kit. Click the image above to learn all about it.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
The billet wheel, twin scroll, advanced Borg Warner EFR turbos we are using in these kits are hefty turbochargers which will allow tons of future upgrades- well into supercar territory. The tuning will keep it from driving like some irritating on/off switch. Even if it was limited to say 400HP, it would not be fare to compare it against a 400HP K04 as the large frame turbo will reach the limited power and torque very easily, and hold it as long as needed. There will be no drop off or spike in power or torque. For that reason alone, they are in an entirely different league than a small frame K03/K04/hybrid turbo and will be very evident when pitted against one.

How friendly is your in house tuning with other mods? Like water/meth...

Just fine really. Our tune that will be designed for stock internals will be at the limited to what is safe for stock internals on 91/93 pump gas. We would never allow damaging levels of torque on a bolt on turbo kit. So if you are running water/meth as a way to keep the charge air cooler, great! It will love that. But if you are using it to increase the octane rating, there is no use really unless you are running our higher octane file on a built short block. We would not release a turbo kit as a bolt on kit that would destroy engines. For those with built short blocks looking for more, we will have a higher octane even more aggressive tune available. Our FSI/TSI intake manifolds (that we are getting very close to a pre-sale on) will also be available with an option for water/meth ports in the runners, making them a great addition to our turbo kits.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
INTAKE MANIFOLD!!

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
what's the cfm of this turbo, in the speed range that you guys will probably be using it? or better yet, compressor map?

Actually, there are a couple of turbos in the power range we are still testing and finalizing the kit on. So until we confirm what turbo the kit will go to retail with, I do not have this answer. However, we will of course release that date when the turbo kits become available.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Another update for you guys. The kits are being packed and verified as we speak. We are lining up a local stock Golf R to fully install the kit on from scratch and build all of our install data and finalize every single kit component one piece at a time on a stock non modified car.
Furthermore, our stock block software has been finalized and completed. We road tested it for over a year daily with two 2500+ mile road trips through high elevation, sea level, freezing temps, desert scorching heat, high humidity, and dry climate conditions as well as countless dyno time and all out assault on a demanding race track. Everything performed incredible, with nothing but pure reliable strong performance. With that done, our development car is now receiving a fully built IE engine so we can write our built engine internal files for those customers looking to get the most possible performance available. The turbo kits with stock block software are very, very close to hitting market now.