GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering's IE450T kit

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I know... But still. The link said like 3-400 off APRs stg 3 kit. Way more than I want to put in to my DD lol

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Im guessing a MK5 GTI would need rods to use this kit, as it requires at least "R-like" internals.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Im guessing a MK5 GTI would need rods to use this kit, as it requires at least "R-like" internals.

Spools 200-300 RPM later than a K04 and makes 500hp.. Yeah, rods. Lol

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Why not just go K04 then if you can still make 375whp? Seems ridiculous to buy a turbo made for higher hp, but tune it down to keep it safe. Makes no sense to me...

Why not just go K04 then if you can still make 375whp? Seems ridiculous to buy a turbo made for higher hp, but tune it down to keep it safe. Makes no sense to me...

i find it ridiculous to buy a tiny turbo and push the shit out of it. if you ever want more power, you would need to buy another turbo/downpipe/manifold. if your turbo already supports more hp, then when you build the block, or whatever else you needed, you can just up the boost.

also, until then you aren't creating extra heat, and you have good top end power, without a drop off in the upper revs like you would pushing a k04 to its max

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"

It is a very common practice, most people dont have the money or time to get it all done at the same time, even Revo offers 2 different tunes for the GT30 turbo, stock and build engine, so i guess is not really that ridiculous.

I think i see your point though, buying such an expensive upgrade and not use it at its maximum capacity from the start, but it doesnt hurt to do it later and enjoy your investment a second time. :wink:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I find it insane to use a huge turbo but not to its full potential, must love waiting to spool.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I would rather buy ( if money wasn't an issue) this kit over a ko4, mainly because, like others have said, at say 375 whp, your maxing the ko4, and this turbo would be just getting started, leaving room to grow.

Car(s)
Subaru
I would rather buy ( if money wasn't an issue) this kit over a ko4, mainly because, like others have said, at say 375 whp, your maxing the ko4, and this turbo would be just getting started, leaving room to grow.

you cant push the k04 to 375whp without blowing your motor. the bigger turbos you can do that with. it will be less psi, so the tq will be down, but because youre moving more air, it will make more hp, safer. you wont have the low end tq though, but i guess thats the trade off. do you drive in traffic and city more, or mostly suburb and highways? country living, i think a bt would be more fun, but city living, i think a k04 is perfect

you cant push the k04 to 375whp without blowing your motor. the bigger turbos you can do that with. it will be less psi, so the tq will be down, but because youre moving more air, it will make more hp, safer. you wont have the low end tq though, but i guess thats the trade off. do you drive in traffic and city more, or mostly suburb and highways? country living, i think a bt would be more fun, but city living, i think a k04 is perfect
turbo pressure has nothing to do with torque. torque is a product of RPM and HP. the reason you get the torque spike is cuz of the low spool up of smaller turbos