GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering's IE450T kit

Car(s)
Subaru
turbo pressure has nothing to do with torque. torque is a product of RPM and HP. the reason you get the torque spike is cuz of the low spool up of smaller turbos

no, tq is directly related to cylinder pressure i believe. ill look into it though, maybe im wrong

edit: wow, found that fast. yeah, its called mean effective pressure.... whatever that means, but yeah, more pressure in the cylinder means more torque. there is an equation for that but hell if i know it.

Car(s)
Subaru
the curve sometimes does, a lot with our cars because the bore and stroke and the tiny ass turbos, even a gt28 is a small turbo technically

haha, yeah. when eurocars and i took my k03 out, i was shocked at how small it really was. i mean, ive seen it, but only on the car. the f23t wasnt that much bigger either.

i tell you, i almost wish i went bt, that way i could take it out of the gti and swap it into something else when i sell the gti. next car, bt all the way :happyanim:... ive i get the green light like i did for thise f23t :bellyroll:

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
you cant push the k04 to 375whp without blowing your motor.
- I agree, my goal is 350, w/ w/m
. do you drive in traffic and city more, or mostly suburb and highways?
For my normal DD is highway.. But I don't really play around to And from work
country living, i think a bt would be more fun, but city living, i think a k04 is perfect

-which is why I want ko4, all my buddies live in the city so when I go hang out, we all go out and play

BT would be fun.. But maybe in the future when the mkv is retired from daily abuse, and can become a dedicated project

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
i find it ridiculous to buy a tiny turbo and push the shit out of it. if you ever want more power, you would need to buy another turbo/downpipe/manifold. if your turbo already supports more hp, then when you build the block, or whatever else you needed, you can just up the boost.

also, until then you aren't creating extra heat, and you have good top end power, without a drop off in the upper revs like you would pushing a k04 to its max

A ko4 is not being pushed to its limits on a stock engine tune. There is more power in it the engine is the limiting factor not the turbo

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
I have seen a video of a Seat Leon Cupra, that is a K04 from the factory, Unitronic tune, RS4´s, not sure why if it has "S3" injectors from the factory, HPFP, meth, forge WG, he put down 380whp, that has to be the limit for the K04 i guess.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
so the stock k04 tune by whoever doesn't push out of its efficiency range?

Not at all. Again the engine internals is what is.stopping more power from being extracted from the ko4. You can get around 430 chp and lbft from a ko4 with upgraded engine internals. The ko4 sport use is around the size of a small frame gt28

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Same guy, different car, 390whp, unitronic tune, doesnt say if it has internals, i would say it does or probably Ed 30th, similar to the 380whp Seat Leon Cupra by the same guy.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Not at all. Again the engine internals is what is.stopping more power from being extracted from the ko4. You can get around 430 chp and lbft from a ko4 with upgraded engine internals. The ko4 sport use is around the size of a small frame gt28

I was referring to whp... 430 chp = ~385 whp assuming a 10% drivetrain loss. And I was saying 'around' 375 for a maxed ko4, ballpark figure...
What I mainly meant is on a ko4, there's no way to push beyond 400 whp. I've never heard of ko4 sport?

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
What I mainly meant is on a ko4, there's no way to push beyond 400 whp. ?

And no reason to on a fWD car, now if I had a golf r then the 450t would be on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk