GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'13 STI vs '13 370z NISMO

Car(s)
Subaru
Here is my build thread buddy

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180838

Some people say that a S2+ GTI will beat an STI in a race. I put a few car lengths on a solid running S2 GTI. So I still have faith the STI would but by a very small margin.

When I was s2 I raced a mustang and barely won. Then I went s2+ and a few weeks later I ran the same guy and put a few cars on him. Also, different tunes make a big difference. So you're prolly right. It would be a close race.

After watching "Tuned" on "drive", I want a scuby rs with a jdm sti motor swap haha. I just hate the sound. I'm sure I'd grow to like it if I drove one everyday.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
When I was s2 I raced a mustang and barely won. Then I went s2+ and a few weeks later I ran the same guy and put a few cars on him. Also, different tunes make a big difference. So you're prolly right. It would be a close race.

After watching "Tuned" on "drive", I want a scuby rs with a jdm sti motor swap haha. I just hate the sound. I'm sure I'd grow to like it if I drove one everyday.
Put on equal length headers and that "subie rumble" goes away.

Car(s)
Subaru
This.

You get gains from EL headers. Not a lot, and more so not enough for a lot of guys to do it. I won't purely because a few wheel horse power is not worth losing the sound.

really? thats been something thats always held me back from a scuby. i might consider them. i like a little rumble but not like the ones i hear. maybe stock sound i guess :iono:

Subie2013

Humble yourself
really? thats been something thats always held me back from a scuby. i might consider them. i like a little rumble but not like the ones i hear. maybe stock sound i guess :iono:
Yep. Car kind of sounds like an EVO with EL on it. It's actually better for the engine as well because pressure is constant on all 4 cylinders.

Car(s)
Subaru
Yep. Car kind of sounds like an EVO with EL on it. It's actually better for the engine as well because pressure is constant on all 4 cylinders.

shut the front door. you mean i can have the looks and quality of a scuby and have it sound like an evo :eyebulge:. i said that sarcastically but im serious. i might make an old rs with an sti swap my future strack car. i love my gti for a dd to much to go somewhere else... even if it is faster

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
That flatulent boxer rumble is a lot less aversive with the right exhaust, not just a loud exhaust like so many fanboys run.

My Stage 2 92x Aero with a gutted dp and STI axle back had a lovely wail at WOT and just the right amount of burble at idle. The Prodrive Oval sounds similarly refined, just a bit louder. It's the big melon shooter exhausts that make the rumble sound more like an elephant shitting himself after Taco Tuesday. I hate that sound.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
shut the front door. you mean i can have the looks and quality of a scuby and have it sound like an evo :eyebulge:. i said that sarcastically but im serious. i might make an old rs with an sti swap my future strack car. i love my gti for a dd to much to go somewhere else... even if it is faster
It's not exactly like an EVO but you can definitely hear similarities.

But do it man. Would be a fun car. I'd rather have an EVO 9 doe.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
That flatulent boxer rumble is a lot less aversive with the right exhaust, not just a loud exhaust like so many fanboys run.

My Stage 2 92x Aero with a gutted dp and STI axle back had a lovely wail at WOT and just the right amount of burble at idle. The Prodrive Oval sounds similarly refined, just a bit louder. It's the big melon shooter exhausts that make the rumble sound more like an elephant shitting himself after Taco Tuesday. I hate that sound.
I definitely like it every way it comes except stock. Sounds good in the car but you can't hear shit outside of it. It's stupid.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
I have the maddad whisper catback on the forester, 3" catless tbe, aftermarket Uel headers.

Very happy with that setup. Perfectly bearable in cabin, but always heard.

Got a used magnaflow on the frz, it's better than stock. But nothing special.

Only cost me $275 though, so was no brainier for time being will flip down the road.

Quality of the parts isn't even comparable. The maddad looks great after several winters. Like my apr (billy boat) did on the mkv.

The magna flow saw one winter with previous owner and looks far worse than either ever did.

mtlss

Ready to race!

If you want to spend some time at the drag strip as well, buy an evo 9, full bolt ons, cams, E-85 + tune and gutting. will net you a high 10 second car with 122-125 ish traps.

The evo in the video below has some engine work, E-98 fuel, STOCK turbo, bolt ons cams, weight reduction and a tune.

It traps 130-133.