GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Very very interested to hear what you think about these mounts. I've been eyeballing them for a couple years now. Not sure how I feel about the rubber bushings. I was expecting spherical bearings or poly when I first saw them. I'm torn between these and the BFI stage 2 mounts. Eventually when I have to replace my SPM mounts I'll be going with one of the two, just not sure which one yet.

You are starting to get into my NVH levels lol. Literally everything rattles in my car, but F it, because racecar lol.

Edit: What mounts did you have?

I had 034 street density trans and motor mounts. The motor mount showed some deterioration, the stock pendulum just fell out while removing stuff, it was shot. The 034 pendulum mounts appear ok.

Yeah I am ok with the NVH as long as the car has blistering acceleration, so we are hoping to top 500whp with the setup. I want to be able to surprise a few folks on track days.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
July 17 2017

Replacing just about everything under the hood.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Now that's a familiar sight, are you keeping the AC?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Now that's a familiar sight, are you keeping the AC?

Yes, too hot where I live. I am buying new compressor along with most of the other engine electrics, starter, alternator.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yeah, my mechanic convinced me to ditch mine, I was reluctant, but I realizee I never used it because with my delrin mounts caused way too much vibration with it on.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I really liked the way those mounts looked until I saw the rubber. I'd be concerned about the longevity of those mounts, ESPECIALLY with heavy track usage.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I really liked the way those mounts looked until I saw the rubber. I'd be concerned about the longevity of those mounts, ESPECIALLY with heavy track usage.

Not too worried, they are rebuildable. Just trying to minimize NVH while hold it in place.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Ah, didn't realize NVH was a concern. Those are probably one of the better looking mounts though.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Ah, didn't realize NVH was a concern. Those are probably one of the better looking mounts though.

I am concerned about NVH mostly because I am eliminating the balance shafts already and if I went with solid or poly the combined changes will have this thing rattling like a can of marbles is my fear. Too much NVH can cause other issues beyond just passenger discomfort. Have no idea how it will all come out since I really don't know first hand the experience of riding in one of these with balance shafts removed. So we will start with these mounts and Fluidampr and see where we are once we get it all together. I will be driving this car on the street (very low mileage) but most of what I am doing is for track days.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, sounds like what's planned for my car as well. :thumbsup:

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
^^ But your car will never be done! Haha

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
New mounts for the new motor

Don't want this new motor moving around at all. Spent some bucks on the 034 billet stuff. Workmanship appears quite nice. Between the removal of the balance shafts and now these motorsport mounts say goodbye to street car smoothness.

I've been looking at those mounts, their standard street mounts use 60 durometer and the billet mounts use 65 durometer rubber. I really want rubber mounts as I have been building my car for the street over anything else.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
So I noticed you order new parts in the 'what did you do...' thread. I thought I was spending a lot of money on my build, yours must be ridiculous.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Building a proper car is WAY too expensive.