GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I'm only 26, but i'm already married with two kids so that makes up for my age

That's it, got it done early, nice.

First kid at 21 for me. He turns 44 next year. Still married to my high school girlfriend.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well in my search for an S6 I stumbled upon a 2000 Corvette Coupe. I was not looking for one but had seen this one for sale 3 years ago. Belongs to the original owner, 48K miles on it and literally I could not find a chip on the paint anywhere, even under the front lip. The underpinnings were like new clean and dry. Interior still smells and looks almost new. The barrels on the stock 5 spokes were even clean enough to eat off of. He drives it very infrequently, never in the rain, never parks next to anyone, and it sits under a custom cover in the garage, detailed to the max.

The thing was so pristine, price was so right and the owner was older retired and obviously did not drive the car hard I decided to buy it. I pick it up this evening. It will just be a day trip cruiser for me that I can pop the top off of. Paid 16K for it and it has a few nice mods with less than 10K miles on all the mods. Pics soon.

It has all new tires and brakes too. Don't gasp, but its an auto, less desirable for most but I wanted a highway cruiser and in SoCal you can't avoid bumper to bumper traffic.

Mods include
Intake
C6 sway bars
C6 Z06 shocks
B&B cat back exhaust
New Z06 3:42 rear end (3:15 in originallly)
RPM Level 5 tranny (built)
Yank 3200 stall convertor
B&M Trans cooler
Alky Control W/M system
A&A Vortech supercharger kit (490/465 on dyno before methanol)

It definately feels like a 500hp car when you drive it and the supercharger is the quitest one I have heard. This is a similar setup I ran on the same LS1 engine in my GTO (600 whp) but with more mods of course. This one is nice and conservative tune but with the stall convertor being matched up well with the supercharger power curve it accelerates very hard. All work done at A&A Corvette and it is a CARB legal car.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Very nice! Need pictures lol. Do you have anything else planned for it?

Ok here there are. First quick pics. I need to get to know it first, I owned a C3 vette a long time ago so I am not completely unfamiliar and I have fair amount of experience with LS1 motor. Really the only thing I will probably do short term is get some CCW or Fiske wheels for it and more aggressive tires. Though the car seems to handle well with the upgraded sways and shocks I only plan to cruise in it since it is an auto although a slightly aggressive one.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Autotragic, but nice car!

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Such mixed emotions on my end. In one regard I totally get it and am really excited for you, that's one sweet vet! On the other hand, sucks to lose such an experienced and awesome member. You better stick around here man, will not be the same without you here.

Did not realize we had such a swing in age here. I'm smack dab in the middle of y'all lol. But age is just a number, I don't read to much into it as it has little relevance on who a person is or what they know. Having said that, with age comes wisdom.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Autotragic, but nice car!

"Autotragic"- gotta love the terms people come up with. You are right it ain't no six speed but its still fun to cruise in. The torque convertor coupled with the built tranny and the 500 or so hp makes for quite a bit of fun despite it not being a stick. This thing hits very hard off the line or when you decide to "go" while doing 60. Owner had it well dialed in by A&A Corvette.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Such mixed emotions on my end. In one regard I totally get it and am really excited for you, that's one sweet vet! On the other hand, sucks to lose such an experienced and awesome member. You better stick around here man, will not be the same without you here.

Did not realize we had such a swing in age here. I'm smack dab in the middle of y'all lol. But age is just a number, I don't read to much into it as it has little relevance on who a person is or what they know. Having said that, with age comes wisdom.

I have been modding cars since I could drive and have owned quite a few cars. Have to say my modded GTI is still the most fun car that you just want to drive every day. I have had a couple Porsche's, now a couple of Vettes, a GTO (600whp supercharged), a Camel GT Monza replica (turbo V8 - 420hp), a few Audi's (turbo and twin turbo), about 4 Hondas, about 5 air cooled VW, including one bug with a built 912 motor that eventually became the foundation for a 56 Porsche replica kit car (very quick car). GMC Syclone pickup (V6 Turbo AWD)

Well we will see how things unfold, still here for now, still interested all things Porsche/Audi/VW and will continue to own one. This forum has been great and the title of the thread could not be more true.

Well you are right with age comes wisdom but only a little, what mostly comes is age. It comes for all of us if we are lucky. I am having the best time being retired.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well I have been driving the Corvette for a week or so daily. I am 6'3" and 225 and I just don't fit it this thing. Love everything about it except for trans and seating. I either have to sell it or at least make it so I can fit in the car. Seems it is a common problem. Corbeau created a seating solution. So I am going to pull out the stockers which are in perfect condition and have the real leather upgrade and put in a set of these and pick up a lot of headroom and some legroom.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
You didn't realize you didn't fit when you test drove it?? Those seats look awesome though!!

What's you complaint about the trans?

It was so beautiful and such a great price I couldn't pass it up. The previous owner had recently dropped about 18K in mods all done by prominent Corvette shop with tons of experience.

Trans, only complaint perhaps is that it is an automatic. However it is a built auto with 3200 stall convertor and a 3:42 Z06 rear end and limited slip. Great for drag racing. Hits hard through the gears. Car is faster than the newer LS3 equipped vettes (base vette)

However, all of this is in my past. Sold the car yesterday.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Wait what?? What's next?