GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 rear end conversion

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Congrats man. Looks good. So you have left the resonator but removed the back box? Or is it just all pipes and no boxes now?

Resonator is still in place, I had already removed the back box so no change there really just repositioned. Because of the lack of space under there the pipes very slightly point upward but as the pics show it's barley noticeable.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Agreed. Don't paint the wheels. They are diamond cut and hard to reverse. Like said above if you really want them black just go with plastidip. I'd leave them and just think about lowering the car along with painting the skirts. (I'm also doing mine Monday)

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Agreed. Don't paint the wheels. They are diamond cut and hard to reverse. Like said above if you really want them black just go with plastidip. I'd leave them and just think about lowering the car along with painting the skirts. (I'm also doing mine Monday)

The wheels have white worm starting though.

Plasti dip is a good idea I suppose incase I don't like them black but if I like it they're getting painted. Kinda hard to get ahold of in Scotland though. The only place I can see it on is eBay for £18 a can is that reasonable also how many cans would it take for 4 wheels ?

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
3 cans will do. Just a thought, but have a look in halfords as my two mates were just on the phone to me from Edinburgh asking what I thought of it. I'm guessing this is how they know about the product. They are not car guys so wouldn't of thought they had seen it online.iono.

markcaughey

Ready to race!
3 cans will do. Just a thought, but have a look in halfords as my two mates were just on the phone to me from Edinburgh asking what I thought of it. I'm guessing this is how they know about the product. They are not car guys so wouldn't of thought they had seen it online.iono.

3 cans !!! That would cost near enough £60 then, I mean I like the idea of pasti dip to see if u like it first but that's a lot of money for something that's gonna peal off.

It's a tough one with the monza 2. I do like the diamond cut look but the white worm bugs the life out me. Is there any other refurb solution to keep the standard look. I'm thinking along the lines off buff the face of the wheel right back then lacquer ?

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
My only suggestion now is to tint the reflectors to match your tail lights.

markcaughey

Ready to race!
My only suggestion now is to tint the reflectors to match your tail lights.

Think I will do this. I'm goin to be tinting the tails again anyway I'm just trying to perfect it as the last time I done it the mix of 2k black and clear was not dark enough and I had to put about 4 coats to darken it down and them another 2 coats of clear on top of that. As a result of so many coats on of the lights coating has cracked up.

Another method I was thinking of was over thinned black base coat to get the right tint then lacquer. But it is a very tricky job to get just right.

gmmills

South African
Car(s)
CW GTI
paint the side skirts, I did it myself last month and it changes the look of the car completely. Tint the reflectors and lower it on a drop of your choice. I wouldnt paint the wheels, just some thoughts :)

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Atta boy. The gloss looked bad IMO but I didn't want to say.. Throw some 4" tips on there and it will look even better

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Atta boy. The gloss looked bad IMO but I didn't want to say.. Throw some 4" tips on there and it will look even better

I would like bigger tips but the guy at the muffler shop told me that they where as big as would fit. He said there is limited space down there because of the spare wheel well. How do the guys with Gti with this setup fit bigger tips ?

Also my diffuser doesn't have any heat Shield on the inside above the exhaust will this be ok ?

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
I would like bigger tips but the guy at the muffler shop told me that they where as big as would fit. He said there is limited space down there because of the spare wheel well. How do the guys with Gti with this setup fit bigger tips ?

Also my diffuser doesn't have any heat Shield on the inside above the exhaust will this be ok ?

aye? what a bloody bampot.... Those wee toaty things cannea be there! Throw some 4" tips on there and tell that dafty fool te bugger off

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
aye? what a bloody bampot.... Those wee toaty things cannea be there! Throw some 4" tips on there and tell that dafty fool te bugger off

Agreed! Those tips look too small. I am thinking 4" rolled tips for mine too. Ideally colour matched to the wheels (gunmetal).