GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV vs. e36 m3 4dr

Duster117

Ready to race!
No offense man, I had bad luck with my WRX/ Saabaru 92x Aero. I had some good times in it but blowing the motor at 30k left a bad taste in my mouth.

I actually did like the way mine sounded though...Stage 2 tune with gutted stock dp and STI axleback gave it a nice burble at part throttle and a cool-sounding wail at WOT. The boxer motor does sound good with a conservative, nicely muffled/ resonated exhaust.

The ones that sound like angry elephants shitting their brains out after Taco Tuesday are the ones that have big open pipes and cheap mufflers. I stand behind my statement that those boxers sound dreadful. I hate that really blatty sound.

The biggest thing I miss about the Saabaru's sound is the turbo whine overlaying the exhaust note at WOT. My GTI doesn't make any turbo whine under boost, just a little induction whoosh that's now drowned out completely by my rowdy 42dd tbe.
Yea I wish we had more turbo sound.

TSiUG

sleeper...
No offense man, I had bad luck with my WRX/ Saabaru 92x Aero. I had some good times in it but blowing the motor at 30k left a bad taste in my mouth.

I actually did like the way mine sounded though...Stage 2 tune with gutted stock dp and STI axleback gave it a nice burble at part throttle and a cool-sounding wail at WOT. The boxer motor does sound good with a conservative, nicely muffled/ resonated exhaust.

The ones that sound like angry elephants shitting their brains out after Taco Tuesday are the ones that have big open pipes and cheap mufflers. I stand behind my statement that those boxers sound dreadful. I hate that really blatty sound.

The biggest thing I miss about the Saabaru's sound is the turbo whine overlaying the exhaust note at WOT. My GTI doesn't make any turbo whine under boost, just a little induction whoosh that's now drowned out completely by my rowdy 42dd tbe.

Hey car brother from another mother. I also had a 9-2x as I have told you before (black). And man do I wish I could hear my turbo like I was able to with that turbo boxer 4!!! I don't understand why us K04 guys cannot hear boost compared to a stock TD-04 :(

I wish there was some simple mod to make that happen....

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
K04 + external wastegate is still possible just needs some work and someone who's good at fabricating things, it's no simple mod but sounds like an animal.

Car(s)
Subaru
Hey car brother from another mother. I also had a 9-2x as I have told you before (black). And man do I wish I could hear my turbo like I was able to with that turbo boxer 4!!! I don't understand why us K04 guys cannot hear boost compared to a stock TD-04 :(

I wish there was some simple mod to make that happen....

my turbo is loud. maybe not like abig turbo does, but definitely louder than the k03

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I can hear my boost even a passenger in my car for first time and had no idea it was a turbo noticed it and asked if it was a turbo car.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I can hear my boost even a passenger in my car for first time and had no idea it was a turbo noticed it and asked if it was a turbo car.

Yeah but does it whoosh/hiss, or does it make a siren song like a diving Stuka? That's the classic turbo sound I always loved in my 92x Aero.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Lol, reminds me of this kid I gave a ride in my STI. Haha, he was like whoa, I LOVE THE SOUND OF A SUPERCHARGER...

Uhh ya kid, me too. :facepalm:

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Yeah but does it whoosh/hiss, or does it make a siren song like a diving Stuka? That's the classic turbo sound I always loved in my 92x Aero.
Pretty sure anything with a 2JZ, big turbo, and crazzzzy flutter BOV is the coolest sounding thing ever.

Get a tiny bit hard everytime,

as in harder then a diamond in a ice storm.

Car(s)
Subaru
Pretty sure anything with a 2JZ, big turbo, and crazzzzy flutter BOV is the coolest sounding thing ever.

Get a tiny bit hard everytime,

as in harder then a diamond in a ice storm.

i was going to sell my awe dv to some kid but he wanted it to flutter so he didnt buy it right then and there. a few days later he said that he guesses he will have to deal with the single bov noise. i refused to sell it to him cause he was a fast and furious gti owner. id rather it sit on my desk than that kid have it :paddle:

Spectre

Ready to race!
My E46 M3 with catless headers is the same as the euro engine. That was the only difference in the two engines. Wow. Read up on the S54 you ignorant fool. Tell me it's the same as the 328's engine.

Some people are just tards. Brand blind fools.

Car(s)
Subaru
My E46 M3 with catless headers is the same as the euro engine. That was the only difference in the two engines. Wow. Read up on the S54 you ignorant fool. Tell me it's the same as the 328's engine.

really? thats pretty cool. so internals, head, ect are all the same except the exhaust manifold?

Subie2013

Humble yourself
i was going to sell my awe dv to some kid but he wanted it to flutter so he didnt buy it right then and there. a few days later he said that he guesses he will have to deal with the single bov noise. i refused to sell it to him cause he was a fast and furious gti owner. id rather it sit on my desk than that kid have it :paddle:
The flutter super bad for your turbo, but daaaaaayyyuuum it's the coolest thing I've ever heard. Haha I freaking love it.

Car(s)
Subaru

just saw this

Duster117

Ready to race!
Even with the k03 people notice my sound. Not much but they notice.
I guess the relocated dv helps a lil :iono: