GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners Pt2

i think i have an issue. got the cam tower, cam chain tensioner, cam chain on. cam alignment tool installed and tensioner lock pin in. the chain is tight up top but has some slack at the bottom. redid everything 3 times...same result each time. when i take the cam tool out and rotate the timing belt gear a bit slack in chain goes away and tensioner expands. is that good?

i'll post a picture later

sounds good to go.

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
There is always some slack at bottom until you have oil pressure. As long as the chain isn't hitting the bolthead

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Subie2013

Humble yourself
There is always some slack at bottom until you have oil pressure. As long as the chain isn't hitting the bolthead

this. it's called gravity...

in all honest as long as its snug and not hitting anything you'll be ok.

Got another ecu back from .DO. car still wont start without the aid of some throttle and even when warm, if I blip the throttle from an idle, it stalls. So exciting

With my .DO tune I get no issue with cold starts besides if its really cold outside I have to increase the rpm to make it warm up quicker just so I can start moving(flapperless). I get that warm car issue where I have to blip the thorttle once in order to get the car idle normally or it will idle like shit but idk if thats from running a bov.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
With my .DO tune I get no issue with cold starts besides if its really cold outside I have to increase the rpm to make it warm up quicker just so I can start moving(flapperless). I get that warm car issue where I have to blip the thorttle once in order to get the car idle normally or it will idle like shit but idk if thats from running a bov.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

figured out why yesterday, car eventually wouldnt even start cold. It would try to fire but couldnt. Swapped plugs, fired right up no problems. I maybe ran these for 30 min

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
Lol hit them with a wire brush

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
anyone ever randomly see the ecu flip shit and will throw -12 across all cylinders for knock correction. Mine did it tonight and ran like shit, but then cleared up. Maybe some sort of limp mode when it sees a bad variable?

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
a correction value was too far off even for ecu to adjust, ecu took action to prevent engine damage.

Waffle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
anyone ever randomly see the ecu flip shit and will throw -12 across all cylinders for knock correction. Mine did it tonight and ran like shit, but then cleared up. Maybe some sort of limp mode when it sees a bad variable?

This happened to me when my camshaft positioning sensor was on it's way out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk