GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some idiot in a Lexus IS250 thought he was fast (video)

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Maybe the other lex-o-philes shamed him into deleting his thread?

Vwgtivw

Ready to race!
It's there...u gotta make an account to see it and there's like 3 posts since no one ever goes on the racing part of their forum

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
The sad thing is that the F-Sport IS, the one step below the IS-F, is just a 350 with a nice body kit, rims, and some interior stuff. Its only offered in automatic.

Why is that sad? The IS350 is a low to mid 13 second car and traps 105-107. IS-F is a mid 12 second car and traps 113+.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
Why is that sad? The IS350 is a low to mid 13 second car and traps 105-107. IS-F is a mid 12 second car and traps 113+.

I love the IS-F dont get me wrong on that. I just think that the F-Sport 350 should be offered in a manual since they clearly have the option (on the 250), and its being marketed as a sports sedan.

SapperStryker

Yes....
Car(s)
07' GTi MKv
dont judge the way is did this, it gets the point across.

------------

My boyfriend saw a modded gti or so we thought and wanted to run him so we pulled up next to him and asked what he had. he said he was stock so we thought for sure itd be an easy kill since we have intake and exhaust. Guess not -.- even though my bf missed second he was pulling (video link)

------------

Not surprised at all by the outcome. IS250 has 204hp and 185lbft. GTI is rated at 200hp and 207lbft. The torque of which can be had at lower rpms than the IS. The GTI is also lighter and has a slightly better 0-60.

If your going to race your BF should not have been in "S" mode. Leave it in D as it shifts quicker. No ECT PWR either. Just brake launch and go WOT is your best chance.

------------

"isf sport" eh? now the little gti thinks he can go smoke a real IS-F :p

------------

(Quote) "isf sport" eh? now the little gti thinks he can go smoke a real IS-F

He actually did smoke an isf :/ found out this car is pretty fast. (then a link to this youtube video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np-p966GfbU&list=UU31txDaTKi903pJoqMlgZOQ&index=9&feature=plcp

------------

(Quote) He actually did smoke an isf :/ found out this car is pretty fast.

this would mean that the GTI owner lied to you about his car being stock when you raced...

------------

Uh, yeah a stock GTI would get murdered by an IS-F.... even by an IS350. The 1/4 mile is in the 14s for the GTI stock, which is faster than an IS250, but nowhere faster than an IS350 and not even close to an IS-F. They can be modded pretty easy to my understanding though.

------------

END

Last edited:

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
This was my favorite:

"My boyfriend saw a modded gti or so we thought and wanted to run him so we pulled up next to him and asked what he had. he said he was stock so we thought for sure itd be an easy kill since we have intake and exhaust. Guess not -.- even though my bf missed second he was pulling"

The IS was obviously reeling in the GTI with its superior top end. :lol:

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Slightly modded Rabbits are faster. IS 250 is slow. IS 350...

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
...yeah, the IS350 is a whole 'nother animal, as a few people have mentioned. Even though I am not a fan of how they look or the dbags that tend to drive them, I respect the numbers they put down. They seem to be in stock 335i territory, so we can hate em all we want, but you better bring a healthy Stage 2 or more to the table if you want to stay out in front of one.

IS250 on the other hand? It's the definition of an image-conscious poser's car. A strong running Honda Odyssey ought to be able to show one what's up. :thumbdown:

Jokerbunny

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Thought I was goin to piss my self I laughed so hard.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
IS250 on the other hand? It's the definition of an image-conscious poser's car. A strong running Honda Odyssey ought to be able to show one what's up. :thumbdown:

While I agree it's slow as balls, my girlfriend has one, and I love it. It drives nice, it's quiet, it's comfortable, gets 30+mpg, has cooled seats, and it's easy to work on.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
While I agree it's slow as balls, my girlfriend has one, and I love it. It drives nice, it's quiet, it's comfortable, gets 30+mpg, has cooled seats, and it's easy to work on.

Absolutely. But males who drive that car are typically homo erotic.