GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Gear Exhaust

delba

ECStuning is looking into getting those extra parts for me.

For those who have it, where does the extra hanger, bracket and bolt go on the new exhaust? Can I just use all OEM hangers to install or will I need to fab some bracket to get it on right?

Thanks.

hobbes

Ready to race!
ECStuning is looking into getting those extra parts for me.

For those who have it, where does the extra hanger, bracket and bolt go on the new exhaust? Can I just use all OEM hangers to install or will I need to fab some bracket to get it on right?

Thanks.

If I remember correctly, if you had all the pieces, there's a small hole in between the two rear control arms. You just bolt the bracket into the hole and install the extra hanger that the exhaust comes with. You can rotate this hanger to get the exhaust tips to come out straight. The rest of the hangers use the OEM hangers.

You could technically have a shop fab the bracket for you and reuse one of the hangers from your OEM exhaust, since you should have two extras when you take it out. Just have the shop align the exhaust up with that hole and have them make a bracket that will support the exhaust.

hobbes

Ready to race!
You can probably install it without the extra hanger, but it might hang too much to one side or the other.

Without the hanger, the exhaust will droop to one side and melt your bumper, which isn't good lol.

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Lol, afraid of flames :23:

sounds obnoxious 10/10 :lol:

I've been there with a catted down pipe. The sound was so raw and insane. Gun shot DSG "blurps" that would make people move away from your car when passing them on a 4-lane street. Then I got on the highway with it and couldn't stand the drone. Oh well.

It's amazing how much of a sound difference you get with a catless down-pipe compared to a catted down-pipe though.

gaede

Reset
I've been there with a catted down pipe. The sound was so raw and insane. Gun shot DSG "blurps" that would make people move away from your car when passing them on a 4-lane street. Then I got on the highway with it and couldn't stand the drone. Oh well.

It's amazing how much of a sound difference you get with a catless down-pipe compared to a catted down-pipe though.
Very true, a few days in and I'm afraid if the 7am cold start. Complaints from neighbors.... :(

*looks around for muffler*

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acewayne

Ready to race!
Without the hanger, the exhaust will droop to one side and melt your bumper, which isn't good lol.

You can install it without the extra hangar and be fine. It will hang lower and to the left (left when looking at the car from behind it, not under it) more than it would with the hangar but it wont be on your bumper... I have the stock textured rear though. Not sure on where it would be on a Votex or any other rear.

kidthunder

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
i just intalled my driver gear exhaust and it sounds perfect with my billy boat downpipe not loud when cruizing but once you get on it it gets pretty loud

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
i just intalled my driver gear exhaust and it sounds perfect with my billy boat downpipe not loud when cruizing but once you get on it it gets pretty loud

Sooo jealous man! Lucky you! I have a billy boat downpipe as well..wish i can get my hands on the driver gear exhaust. Can you get any sound clips by any chance man?

gaede

Reset
You can install it without the extra hangar and be fine. It will hang lower and to the left (left when looking at the car from behind it, not under it) more than it would with the hangar but it wont be on your bumper... I have the stock textured rear though. Not sure on where it would be on a Votex or any other rear.
Sits perfect with a Votex rear

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk