GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*****Polarg Bright White Bulb Replacement Guide******

1_Klean_GLI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GLI
I did the city and rear lights...next paycheck getting the rest of the lights...I can't wait...I'm also doing the clear corners...after this I'm saving for my drop and wheels.

j.medi

there's a diy somewhere, too lazy to find it, sorry..

I got some photos of my interior. All polarg bulbs including the footwell lights. Changed out ALL of my interior lights.

any clue were this post is at

btekk

loveVAG
SO!?! hows everyones license plate lights and dome lights holding up? ne burnt out yet? i want to buy but i hear normally these things burn the f out in a couple months. updates?????

itskv

APR Stage II+
SO!?! hows everyones license plate lights and dome lights holding up? ne burnt out yet? i want to buy but i hear normally these things burn the f out in a couple months. updates?????

Don't buy.

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI

I got all polarg bulbs in my interior. polarg vanity mirrors, footwell lights, dome lights. All of them are working really well. none have burnt out and looks good.

btekk

loveVAG
I got all polarg bulbs in my interior. polarg vanity mirrors, footwell lights, dome lights. All of them are working really well. none have burnt out and looks good.

so im assuming the license plate lights are the ones that normally burn out then? the footwell lights look pretty sick but those only turn on when doors are open? would be nice to have them always on.

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
so im assuming the license plate lights are the ones that normally burn out then? the footwell lights look pretty sick but those only turn on when doors are open? would be nice to have them always on.

license plate ones are the ones that burn out because they use 10w bulbs and stock is 5w, which results in melting the housing.

however, dome lights and footwell lights are fine because they are 5w and use the same wattage as stock.

footwell lights only turn on when the door is open.

Im running Ziza license plate LED bulbs and they looks sick

btekk

loveVAG
license plate ones are the ones that burn out because they use 10w bulbs and stock is 5w, which results in melting the housing.

however, dome lights and footwell lights are fine because they are 5w and use the same wattage as stock.

footwell lights only turn on when the door is open.

Im running Ziza license plate LED bulbs and they looks sick

figured to go with the ziza, thanks man!

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah, I tried the Polarg's back in the day when this thread was created. They did end up melting my one license plate bulb housing and burnt out as well.

I found that the 168/194 blue coated bulbs at AutoZone/stores similar to that provide about the same color light as the Polarg's, and you don't have to pay the outrageous S/H.