GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

247 HP Ford Focus ST coming to the U.S.

grada89

Go Kart Champion
Not bad. I like. Not really digging the tail lights and L.E.D though. I don't know why all car companies have to go and copy Audi now with the LED lights.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
have you tried launching at stg II?

no, my 06 doesnt have launch control. plus if it did, i wouldnt use it everyday

designation_mi5

Ready to race!
umm, yes... WRX (later converted to STI) and 300ZX Twin Turbo. i have driven many fine examples of each drivetrain as well.

I've had clowns say they would steer clear of RWD because of their experience with a 96 Mustang, and ppl who say AWD/4WD can't be sporty because their SUV can't take a corner too fast...

Good to know there is one more knowledgeable driver here.

utekineir

Banned
What really hurts is when you read this kind of press immediately after reading the reviews and commentary on the 2011 VW Jetta. VW is making their N/A products more ho-hum appliance while Ford and GM (and even Dodge) are making their products more euro. Hows that for a kick in the nuts?!?

Eh it all comes in cycles, a couple years ago there was nearly nothing desirable domestic and vw was the clear standout.

Now they're going to sit on their ass and give us the jetta sebring edition.

Regarding drivetrain, fwd is plenty adequate for daily driving, some track, and winter driving.

But its a whole lot less fun for playing. Especially with always on traction control.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Now they're going to sit on their ass and give us the jetta sebring edition.
QFT

I don't have words for how much I dislike the new Jetta. So ironic to see the domestics bringing euro/world design cars stateside (Focus, Fiesta, Cruze, etc, etc) and see the euro brands withhold the goodies and instead launch North America 'targeted' products.

Even the Asian makes are guilty of this, offering bloated, watered down crap here and keeping the good shit at home.
But its a whole lot less fun for playing. Especially with always on traction control.
Exactly. I'd say especially when you start to add power. A comparable RWD platform will always handle added power more easily than an FWD.

FWD brings lighter weight, lower cost, and more efficient packaging to the table.

But for those of us forced to make the FWD compromise for cost or utility reasons, this Focus ST looks to be FANTASTIC!

Bring it Ford. Bring it.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
ill buy an asian car before i ever buy an american

x2 ... except they bring the 300hp hatchback rs .... i heard the new rs is gonna be a sedan. i guess they want to look like the evo.:frown:

Scharf

I don't see VW meeting their 2018 plan when all they do is refresh.

Ford & Hyundai/Kia innovate.