GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

247 HP Ford Focus ST coming to the U.S.

gonyofam3

Ready to race!
Originally Posted by Autoblog.com
Earlier this year, Ford promised us a hotter version of the all-new Focus, and at this month's Paris Motor Show, the Blue Oval is sticking to its word.

The 2012 Ford Focus ST will be the brand's first high-performance model developed under the watchful eye of its global performance vehicle team, and while the hatch you see here is being billed as a "design study," make no mistake – this will form the basis of the ST coming to market in early 2012.

Power is provided by an EcoBoost 2.0-liter inline four churning out 247 turbocharged horsepower, and Ford promises that the ST's handling and aural delights will live up to the marque's performance heritage. FoMoCo also makes it clear that the ST is bound for "all global markets from early 2012" so those of us in the States should finally get a crack at what's traditionally been a Euro-only affair.

Autoblog

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
IMHO it actually looks much nicer than some of the Japanese competition, and I'm sure it will appeal to younger buyers. I'm glad to see Ford doing well, their outlook was pretty bleak for a while.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
it looks good, just dont like the exhaust

Halvie

WOOSA
Dumb question, but will there be a 3-door model? Wonder what the pricing on this will be. Like the looks. Should look pretty nice in a different color. Better than wrx/sti hatch imo.

curiouskyle16

Ready to race!
That color is gross... I think it would look pretty cool in black!

Myfast_GTI

Super User
I like it... a lot. :thumbsup:

My assumption is that the US market will get a slightly different front fascia... kind of like what they did the the Fiesta.

gti314

mkv-gti-fast
Car(s)
'08 GTI MKV
Found On Road Dead...Color is not to appealing, wheels i like kinda look like newer vw wheels, as for the exaust i doubt youll have to worry about it considering it will be the first the thing changed along with CAI by younger customers...Interior is really nice and futuristic surprisingly