GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SYDNEY Winter Cruise 2010

benough

Torque to me
Car(s)
Golf GT Sport
Well, that was an excellent day.

Sitting in the sun have a chin wag was awesome. I think that's the best bit of the GolfMkV cruises.

Star of the day - the PS3's on Benoughs GT hands down. Those things just kept holding in there even in the damp conditions.

The last minute leg to Avon Dam was a brilliant choice, Benough. The roads were in awesome condition, tight, twisty and challenging... plus deserted!! I went back for another go as everyone else drove off :biggrin:

To everyone that bailed - suck it. You missed out on an awesome drive!!

Agreed. It's always hard leaving the warm sun to go driving on killer roads again. sigh...

I'm as impressed as you are with the PS3's. Man I was essentially driving in the wet at the same pace as in the dry. The only good thing the French ever did!

I'm glad you all liked it. I only found it 2 weeks ago and it blew me away. At least if your water bill is high you know where the money went!

It's pissing down with rain here :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm out! hopefully next weeks north drive will be fine :fighting0030:

Is that honestly the reason why you didn't come? Mechanical LSD and all? Pretty much everyone was laughing that you didn't come, haha!

RobGtSport

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW R32
U were I'm the area 2 weeks ago and u didn't give me a call.
Disappointed Ben haha jks
organisd a great day man thanks

camerooney

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Dub!
Here are the pics from today. And yes....there are a few more of the RS in there lol its so photogenic.
:smile:

http://camerooney.smugmug.com/VW/GolfMKV-Camden-Cruise-31st

And to finish with....the road leading out of Avon Dam. Will definitely be going back down there again.
:biggrin:

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Is that honestly the reason why you didn't come? Mechanical LSD and all? Pretty much everyone was laughing that you didn't come, haha!

:lol: I ruined a rim & tyre running over a water filled pothole in my last wet GTG :mad:

Anyhow I'm still peeved I missed it as the sun eventually shone.

Ozram

Passed Driver's Ed
Beautiful shots Cam, you have a keen eye for an artistic shot.

I think you must have taken 3 times the amount of pics that I did LOL!

I look forward to getting some photography tips from you on the next one.

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
Yeah, great shots Cam. I must agree the TT does hog the lense when you point the camera at it :biggrin: It's nice that the RS finally gives such a good looking body shape some substance! Well, not that the TT S is a bad thing either...

Keep those excuses coming, Rocco. If you have a look on Google maps at the avon dam run you'll quickly realise the Porsche would have felt like it'd returned to Stuttgart. Years ago i looked up that run on google maps when i was at Minchinbury, but i never made the time to try it out. I could have been doing that run for YEARS!!! :mad0259: Not a pothole in sight and a beautiful surface. I might even go back today with the dash cam setup to record it for you so you can see how good it was :bellyroll:

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Happy to run this stretch of road next gtg in the wet now that you've assured its worthiness Scott.

Looking forward in seeing you guys at the north drive. Road conditions are varied, except one massive hole just before a certain wooden bridge! other than that its all good.

BTW, brilliant pics!

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
^That hole was fixed a few weeks ago when i went for a run in the R out that way. Heavy rain must have opened it up again?? The bridge is never quite road level as it's always getting flooded out... I'm not going to make next week. I've got to do some work on the yard before the pending nuptials occur in it.

The Avon part was a last minute inclusion after lunch. The main drive was over by lunch and Benough threw the Avon run in as desert. Hmmmm.... tasty.

camerooney

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Dub!
Thanks guys.
Always a pleasure taking photos of VAG cars!!

Beautiful shots Cam, you have a keen eye for an artistic shot.

I think you must have taken 3 times the amount of pics that I did LOL!

I look forward to getting some photography tips from you on the next one.

Cheers Stu.
I always take a lot of photos. Better to have too many than not enough
Can always delete the bad ones.
:wink:

Definitely mate, will have to have another cruise sometime in the next few months.

camerooney

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Dub!
So on the trip back home my fuel light came on when I was in Kangaroo Valley. Its a good 20kms to Nowra and no 98 readily available in the Hills.

Got to the Coles servo in Nowra and the light went off. Still said I had 60kms to go. The fuel needle got awfully low though lol. Not bad considering the driving we were doing...

And I washed the car today. Frick it was dirty haha

:biggrin:

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Nice meeting up with you this afternoon Scott.

Your grey TTRS looks so sexy!
I noticed in my rear view mirror your front suspension was a little soft, next time switch it to sports mode that should fix it.

For those who were wondering, yes it did rain towards the end of the drive :wink: