GOLFMKV

SYDNEY Winter Cruise 2010

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
F#$# !!!!!

i won't be able to attend.....:mad:

found out late this evening i have to work tomorrow.
they only told me at about 8pm.

i could have said no, but i really need the money right now.

sorry guys, ill have to catch up next time.

Jason.

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
Well, that was an excellent day.

Great to catch up with some old faces and meet some new. Some great looking VW's there today. Lunch was great - nice chunky pie with Guinness gravy for me with a Coopers pale on tap to wash it down. Mmmmmm meat n beer. Sitting in the sun have a chin wag was awesome. I think that's the best bit of the GolfMkV cruises.

Star of the day - the PS3's on Benoughs GT hands down. Those things just kept holding in there even in the damp conditions. Great pick Benough - they'll be top of the list to replace the PS2's on the RS!!

The last minute leg to Avon Dam was a brilliant choice, Benough. The roads were in awesome condition, tight, twisty and challenging... plus deserted!! I went back for another go as everyone else drove off :biggrin:

To everyone that bailed - suck it. You missed out on an awesome drive!!

Ozram

Passed Driver's Ed
Whatever you do don't mention biggus dickus :wink:

Seriously, good to meet you guys. Thanks Ben for organising it so well (even if I did take the scenic route) :lol:

Photos uploaded shortly.

Stu

RobGtSport

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW R32
Great Day.
Had fun meeting up with everyone, loved chasing Jester_Fu and Ben and being chased by them and the others. Highlight was Avon Dam, unbelievable rd, i now have a place to go to in my spare time and have some fun in the .:R
Thanks to ben for organising the cruise and for getting me yelled at from my parents reminding me Trials start on Monday, and my keys might possibly be taken off me for a while.
Thanks to everyone for the great friendly atmosphere and i look forward to catching up with you all again some time soon.

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
^Ah, just tell them it was a study break. You need breaks to let your brain rest and the knowledge 'sink in'. True- no BS'ing ya. You'll perform much better if you're rested, have a clear head and aren't stressed about your exams. Taking a nice relaxing drive in the country should enhance your performance!

Trust me, iz a emgimaneer and spended YEARS studying... and drinking.

RobGtSport

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW R32
^Ah, just tell them it was a study break. You need breaks to let your brain rest and the knowledge 'sink in'. True- no BS'ing ya. You'll perform much better if you're rested, have a clear head and aren't stressed about your exams. Taking a nice relaxing drive in the country should enhance your performance!

Trust me, iz a emgimaneer and spended YEARS studying... and drinking.

So thats wat ive done wrong, i didnt go on a relaxing drive, i should go on one now then lol
wrote up 2 essays when i got back so im good now

thanks for the tips

camerooney

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Dub!
Just got back down south. Not at home yet, but will try and get the photos uploaded soon.

Thanks for the drive today guys, it was awesome. Cheers Ben for organising.
Nice to catch up with those who I've met before, and nice to meet you both Scott and Stu!
:biggrin:

So many fun parts of the day:
- Avon Dam is just incredible. Thanks Ben for sharing that little pearl of a place. Will definitely be going back there for some fun!

- Being behind the TT-RS for a good part of the drive. Man that thing roars. So much presence, and its a bloody rocket. While I'm spinning in 1,2 and 3 the RS is just planted and miles ahead lol.

- Camden Valley Inn...what can I say...great food and great company. Was nice chatting to everyone and the food was yum. Wish I could have taken the half emo girl home though...haha she wasn't bad
:lol:

- Seeing Ben's tractor stick to the road like white on rice when it was pissing down rain. Those PS3's are very impressive.

P.s Rob you'll find today's break will help you study for sure. When I was doing my HSC I did similar, just went for a drive for a few hours and when I came back I was reading to get stuck into study again. You'll be fine mate.

Ozram

Passed Driver's Ed
Photos pretty much as is, with limited afterwork, bit of brightening etc. Couldn't resist going black & white on your one Rob.

Camden carpark

Rob & Chris's R32's

Avon Dam