GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR K03 EGT's and Component Protection

sloMk5

2007 GTI
Since vag-com does not have access to all of the values, we use this so we have at least some other data. For us, we are not looking at the values as an absolute. We look at it for a comparison. If we ask someone to run several logs and in one round we see the customer is achieving 13 degrees of timing at redline, and in another we see there is only a 10 degrees at reline, we are looking to see how it impacted this value. Essentially we are looking to see how and when it rises and falls.

I've seen APR posts judging EGT logs from cars tuned by competitors, where it was a single data set and the values where treated as absolute numbers...so now the position is that the values themselves are essentially meaningless, and the only thing that matters is the change in those values among multiple sets of data in relation to other parameters that are measured accurately through VCDS?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
I've seen APR posts judging EGT logs from cars tuned by competitors, where it was a single data set and the values where treated as absolute numbers...so now the position is that the values themselves are essentially meaningless, and the only thing that matters is the change in those values among multiple sets of data in relation to other parameters that are measured accurately through VCDS?

The EGT log and discussion in question was from 2006 on a stage 1 car with no hardware changes during the very first logging pull. It was not block 112-4. It was the 'CAT TEMP', which is post turbine and will be much lower than pre turbine.

BTW:

Robin @ Revo Technik said:
That model is pretty accurate for a stock car, but once you start modifying it is better to install an EGT probe for meaningful readings.

Last edited:

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
hah, these thread are actually interesting.

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
Even the people who like your products don't like You or the company you represent because of this.

True. :cool:
You also use we alot when discussing this matter.. WTF do you mean we.. did you even own a VW or Audi at the time Revo was formed? You certainly didn't work for APR at the time. There is no WE in that situation, you were in no way involved, the company you work for was but unfortunately despite your claims above you do LIE about things you were never involved with and clearly have no information on. It is also pretty apparent from most of your posts that you have no clue what ethical standards even are.

:lol:

Poko

Ready to race!
@Chris -

Here is the second thread in a row in the last couple of weeks where you make lots of claims and supply no proofs.

remember the thread where for 4 pages i begged you for a stage4 dyno ?

i might come out as an APR fanboy , but really its just you who is bugging me.

let's do a deal , for everybody , if you make a claim of any sort , please supply something to prove it.

you are very good at claiming things , but very bad in supplying any real data.

Poko

Ready to race!
BTW:

just a side note.

a lot of tuning companies, including serious ones are buying their flashing and logging softwares from third parties.

as both Chris and Arin knows there is a guy in israel who is selling those to many companies (won't name names here).

I don't think that's something to be ashamed of since the logging software is just a tool to make the tune and it doesn't represent how good the tune is.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
The EGT log and discussion in question was from 2006 on a stage 1 car with no hardware changes during the very first logging pull. It was not block 112-4. It was the 'CAT TEMP', which is post turbine and will be much lower than post turbine.

BTW:

I thought 112-4 was post turbine? I have seen Dave's infamous thread from 06, but I also see recent posts from APR reps including yourself making claims about how APR is safe and component protection will keep you running cool, other tuners aren't, they run dangerous EGT's, will cause hardware failure etc. I haven't seen any evidence of this. And if the logs are all bunk then how can you even make those claims? Has APR purchased other companies software and tested it with the said external devices?

Back on topic...Isn't APR software consistent enough that even if VCDS isn't able to accurately measure EGT after the car is modified, that there would still be norms for stage 2, stage 2+ etc, where if a customer sent Chris@APR some logs well outside of that range he would notice? Surely you don't have one guy showing 800 and the next pegged at 999...so what kind of range should customers look for?

sloMk5

2007 GTI
Hmm...

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116600

Is this still your stance?

It's from excessive EGT's. This is exactly why we keep things like 'component protection' in place. Excessive EGT's can destroy your turbo, especially if you plan to to take it to the track and run for hours at Wide open throttle.

Looks like you made a good move by picking up APR on the MK6. :wink::wink:

From another cracked turbo thread: http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2295042#post2295042

Chris@RT

Banned
@Chris -

Here is the second thread in a row in the last couple of weeks where you make lots of claims and supply no proofs.

remember the thread where for 4 pages i begged you for a stage4 dyno ?

i might come out as an APR fanboy , but really its just you who is bugging me.

let's do a deal , for everybody , if you make a claim of any sort , please supply something to prove it.

you are very good at claiming things , but very bad in supplying any real data.

I'm sorry but you haven't provided shit to back up any of your claims. You made claims I asked you for info and proof and you had none. But then you have the right to demand proof from me.. sorry that is now how it works.

There is nothing in this thread that I have to prove. Heck didn't we get sued for stealing it by the company demanding we show proof that we have something like this? I mean if we stole it we have it right? but now we don't have it and only they do? APR has never supplied proof that they have it either.

I don't think you come off as a fanboi at all, it's very obvious you are a troll. You certainly don't have any right to come in and make rules of what people must do.