GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finishing my install

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
What do you want to know that's not in post 39 and 41?

Bottom line is the enclosure is top notch and the IDQ is incredible. I never expected so much more out of the IDQ compared to my Fi.

Nickk

you'll notice some small rivets on the back side of the mounting ring. Those come intocontact with a raised plastic ring on the door panel so you'll need to carve out some space with a sharp blade..

I took my door apart today and im not understanding what you mean by carving out space? Did you drill out the pop rivets then replace them with "speed nuts?"

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Okay, so we're talking about the small mids from the Rianbow set. They have raised sections where the screw holes are and there is a plastic ridge around the mounting location on the inside of the door panel that hits these raised sections and doesn't let the speaker assembly sit flush against the door. Just take a razor blade and cut away the ridge in the 4 places where the raised sections touch. That will let the speaker plate sit better against the door panel.

Attachments

• IMG_2097.JPG
    IMG_2097.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 2,123

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Just kind of a click, right? You get it as soon as you open the driver door and then again when you start the engine?

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Running a processor? What amp?

plac

GTI Master
audiocontrol lc6i/alpine pdx5

its the amp. and its been stated from other people too. i had a AC LC6i with a different amp and had zero turn on noise. PDX are cheaply made amps, plain and simple.