GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finishing my install

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
Do you have a way to check the speaker impedance?

babydubz

bagged life.
Car(s)
09 GTI (SOLD)
just a quick question in regards to how you secured the amp. did you sandwich the carpet and padding between the amp and t-nut?

so it'd be:

amp
carpet/padding
t-nut

if so, what are the t-nut's teeth gripping onto?

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yes - I made holes through the carpet/padding just big enough to fit the neck of the T-nut through. The spikes of the T-nuts poke into the padding but you could just as well go with T-nuts that don't have spikes since it's neck protruding through the carpet that holds everything in place. I marked where the holes needed to be then got the T-nuts in place sticking through the carpet - much easier without the amp in the way.

babydubz

bagged life.
Car(s)
09 GTI (SOLD)
where did you run the ground for the amp? all the threads i've found were for people installing the amp in the trunk and they grounded it there.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Amp is grounded under the driver side rear seatbelt bracket with about 3ft of 4ga.

babydubz

bagged life.
Car(s)
09 GTI (SOLD)
dang. my ring terminals on my ground cable was too small to fit around that bolt. that was my original ground. i ended up sanding away some paint by the driver side door frame and bolting it there.

1canuck2

Ready to race!
dang. my ring terminals on my ground cable was too small to fit around that bolt. that was my original ground. i ended up sanding away some paint by the driver side door frame and bolting it there.

I drilled out my ring terminal a little wider so it would go over the bolt.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Don't see why not if it's still a MKV. You'll might need a different wiring harness but the Rainbows are made for the MKV stock locations and the sub enclosure is designed for the car as well. You can use any amp you like that will fit under the seat and same for the LOC processor.

just wondering if this setup is transferable to the mk5 golf stv sport?