GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finishing my install

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
what are the options? replace the amp? aside from the noise the amp works great.

you could swap it for an ARC Mini, those don't pop and have speaker line in (no noise as well and great amps).

The pop from my bit one was quite fierce not just a click. There is no pop standard.

May consider an after market HU next time, the sound was great from the RNS+BitOne, but the mids still seemed a little muffled considering the quality of all the gear. This the signal may have been letting down the system but that was the last thing to do.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
It's not necessarily the fault of the amp. It's the combination of the signal sensing turn-on of the amp, and the LC6i powering up prematurely due to the signal being sent from the stock HU. Take the processor out of the equation and the pop is gone...like running direct to the line-level inputs of an Arc mini.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Not the LC6i anyway. Problem starts with the way the OEM HU begins to boot up as soon as the door is opened. It sends voltage through the speaker wires immediately, which kicks on the LC6i and then some sort of spike to the amp. I suppose it's the amp's fault for not being able to absorb or supress the spike instead of sending it through to the speakers. I've only used the PDX in this system so I can't say if other amps would do the same thing. I've just accepted it for now. Otherwise the system sounds great and them amp is just the right size for my application. I'd be interested in the JL HD900/5 but those guys think they shit gold or something at the prices they are charging.

Last edited:

Benjamin T

Go Kart Champion
i'm clueless with this stuff but... is there some way of suppressing the spike to the amp?

i just went out and opened the door on the car... it's not making the clicking sound when i do it. still the same as before... clicks once when i turn the key past accessory, and then clicks again after the engine starts.

i did come across the JL. choked on the price. moved on.... sigh.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Do you have an RNS510? That could be the difference. With the RNS 510 (internal HDD) the system begins to boot as soon as the door is opened. If you don't have that model then you probably wouldn't get the initial pop. I never chased down exactly where the spike is entering. You might be able to eliminate it by using a switched power supply to trigger the amp turn-on...tap something direct from the fuse panel.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
its a shame the processors dont know how to handle the RNS510. There is no turn on pop when running high level straight into the amps and using auto remote turn on.

Wondering next time whether to just get an after market HU and keep the bit one, or concentrate on speaker location (A-pillar mounts for tweeters and mids) and get away without a processor. Its nice when the stereo works exactly like stock ie keyless power etc.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I'm not sure if the turn-on signal is causing the LC6i to spike a signal to the amp of if the RNS is actually sending a spike through the speaker leads that is passing through to the amp. If I get bored I might try running a dedicated turn-on lead from the fuse box and see if that helps. IIRC, I'm using auto-sensing on both the PDX and LC6i.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Doesn't make but 10-15sec difference to me. As it is the GPS needs a good minute before I can start navigating anyway.

First of all, I'm new here and i wat give you guys a big compliment for this forum.
Well done.

Now here's my first question.
Could some tell me what the most used crossover settings are from the 2 crossovers with the Rainbow IQ 320.25 ?
I have bought those speakers my self and it's good to have a best practice startingpoint from you, experienced users.
I know it's a matter of trying and personal taste but it's helping me a lot starting up these baby's.

Thanks for you help.

Eric,
The Netherlands

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I don't remember what settings I'm using...might be somewhere in my posts above. There are also several discussions of that specific speaker set where you might get better feedback.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
First off I just want to say thanks for writing up such a great install thread!

Im going to finally wire up my PDX5, LC6i, and uber stealth audio sub on Friday.
In prep I went ahead and ran the amp power line through the firewall.
I was planning on running the amp and LOC under the drivers side seat (my car is package 0 with non-premium stereo).
After getting the power cable through the firewall I was thinking about how I was going to get the wire to the amp under seat and I was trying to decide if I should run it under the center console or under the door jam cover.

What do you think would be the best and the easiest?
Also is there enough room to run all of the cables under the door jam?
Im going to power all the speakers + sub + power cable so thats quite a bit of room to fit under there.

Thanks in advance!