GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkV wheel/tire fitment guide

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
Figured I would ask here instead of starting a thread;

Finally decided on new wheels, they are 18x8.5 +35mm. Car is getting lowered on coils this winter and looking for a 24.5" fender height. I plan on rolling the fenders and doing the "screw mod". With 215/35 tires would this be doable? Do I need a smaller tire? Or can I fit a 225 tire?

Thanks.
215/35 is the perfect choice. You can slam the car on that setup. If bagged it would tuck but be almost perfectly flush

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

kush

sv_gravity 0
how many mm should i space out my denvers? trying to get them flush with fenders without rubbing as much as possible.

wheels are 17x7.5 with i believe et51, tires will be 205/40/17

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
how many mm should i space out my denvers? trying to get them flush with fenders without rubbing as much as possible.

wheels are 17x7.5 with i believe et51, tires will be 205/40/17
Probably like 30mm? Should get you pretty tight I'm running 8 Et 20 with a 205 and it pokes a bit. 25mm might be a little safer.

kush

sv_gravity 0
Probably like 30mm? Should get you pretty tight I'm running 8 Et 20 with a 205 and it pokes a bit. 25mm might be a little safer.

damn, i was thinking 15 maybe 20mm. how much camber are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
damn, i was thinking 15 maybe 20mm. how much camber are you running?

Not running any camber in the front. 20mm would be safe to run. If I remember, I'll take a picture of how my car sits tonight after work

kush

sv_gravity 0
Not running any camber in the front. 20mm would be safe to run. If I remember, I'll take a picture of how my car sits tonight after work

thanks i would appreciate that. no camber in the rear?

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
thanks i would appreciate that. no camber in the rear?

This is the front 17x8 et20 205/45, no camber

This is the rear 17x9et20 215/45. Camber is maxed.

My ride height is about 24 ftg i believe.

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
thanks man! that's exactly what i was looking for.

not a problem man. just to clarify too. i cant drive much lower than i am because i'd rub like hell. as it is on large dips/bumps the back rubs on occasion. if there's weight in the back or passengers its a lot more often then

timothyn93

I don't see 18x9.5 +40 on the chart here. . If I'm trying to run 18x9.5 +40 all around on my bagged MKV R32. . what size tires would I need and also would I need a camber kit or spacers? Thanks guys!

Swiper

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 VW GLI
I don't see 18x9.5 +40 on the chart here. . If I'm trying to run 18x9.5 +40 all around on my bagged MKV R32. . what size tires would I need and also would I need a camber kit or spacers? Thanks guys!

You will need to pull and roll the front fenders, and add max camber in the rear (OEM camber arms are fine), and run a 215/35/18 all around. Also you might need spacers between 2-5mm to prevent the barrel from hitting the strut. But a test fit will sort all that out. My car on 9.5 et35

Tapatalk because bored.

22dias

Been doing a bit of reading but couldn't get a clear answer so I thought i'd post up.

Will 18x8.5 +35 on 225/40 tires fit without any mods on sitting at stock height?

I've got an approx 2-2.5 finger gap (euro springs).

I don't plan on lowering the car in the near future, simply because I tend to drive with passengers every now and then and I also drive up and down steep driveways daily.

I would just like to get see a tougher look from the wheels - minor poke.

Cheers