Votes: 6 42.9%
  • na

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
3.08.09 - More CarPC work and a good test of the BFI insert.

Took some time today to try to get my USB FM radio working in my ride again. It was working half way decent, but the constant lapses in reception was highly annoying. After reading some stuff over on mp3car.com I decided the issue was the power supply (M2-ATX) causing interference on the radio. Instead of keeping the USB radio in the back, plugged directly into the PC, I plugged it into my USB extension cable in the glove box. Since my antenna was already rerouted to there I just tapped it into that. So far so good, but I need to do some over the road testing tomorrow on my way to/from work.

I also had a chance to test of the BFI torque mount insert. Wow. What a difference. I went from massive amounts of wheel hop to zero. Granted the roads were a bit wet, so conditions were less than ideal. I managed to spin all the way to redline in first, and half way through second without so much as a single hop from a dig. Before, even in the rain, that would have results in the whole car shaking like it was going to fall into pieces. With just with the limited amount of time it's been in, I already see big benefits from such a cheap and easy mod. If you haven't gotten the insert yet, seriously it's a must have.

I'll do some extensive "testing" of the insert once I get my summer wheels on and the road is dry. :lol:

phearitself

AWESOME thread!

I just read this entire thread, and I love your work.

I'm picking up a used white 2dr '07 gti (killer deal) on Wed - can't wait to follow in your footsteps. I got some really original ideas, inspiration, and motivation here. You've got a really informative can-do style of writing and do really clean work on the car. I particularly love the wheel work and how you did the badge in front, and I can't wait to do my own carpc.

Sick car. Cheers.

Last edited:

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
3.22.09 - RC's are back in business! :happyanim:

Put the RC's back on today after what seemed like an eternal hibernation in my den. It's nice to look over and see the Denvers instead of the RC's being lonely. Pictures will follow soon...

Just happy to rolling with the windows down again, even if it is Michigan and I know I jumped the gun just a bit. :lol:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah lmao. I just put my two front winters back on because we're supposed to get 3-5" of snow tonight into tomorrow. So now I'm rocking red and silver wheels.:yikes:

MI isn't getting any of this weather system?

craigblues

Hmmm... Golf 'in Hell!
Darcness, you would be proud / Call me a copycat. But I did the rear inner Tail light addition mod today. :) Took me a little over 1hr 30mins but looks great. :)

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
No need to be jealous. There are many more sexy MKV's around here than mine.

I'm just happy I can inspire some people and show them that DIY can be done, and done right if you just put the effort into it.

craigblues

Hmmm... Golf 'in Hell!
Fair Comment, I really like your attitude. You have helped me alot on PM and here. Hpe everyone appreciates the effort you put in to show the DIYs etc.

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
4.2.09 - Got a new goody, installed it today.

Decided to pull the trigger on a dash tray that was for sale here on golfmkv. I was so sick of the dash rattles that instead of reworking the diffuser, I got the tray. I've wanted it for a while so I'm happy I finally found one.