GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Poor Mans Mod Page

WHTRABT

THUNDER BUNNY
Car(s)
RABBIT
i didnt get a picture of the inside but you got a lot of room i would take one now but its dark and th flash will over expose too much but ill see what i can do

WHTRABT

THUNDER BUNNY
Car(s)
RABBIT
yea i know the hole looks odd but it was a quick job will work on it on monday it reversible the part that you have to remove can be put back if you do the hole you cant reverse that lol
here is the inside

nikitynick

EurotrashSD Dubber
yea im planning to check with a dealership as to how much a replacement is, and might drill the hole but just in case have a replacement. lookin good whtrabt, thanks for posting on here

WHTRABT

THUNDER BUNNY
Car(s)
RABBIT
no problem man your the founder of the peeing mkv thats why my sig says member#2 lol

thez19

GITEE Up N Go!!
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
OKOK, WHERE do i get this Ethos stuff??? And this may sound nub, but are there dremmel attachments for regular drills? I do not have a dremmel but I have a forwards and reverse nicely powered drill. But I need something like this to get rid of the shitty looking plastic pieces inside the honeycomb of the grill that held my GTI badge. Id rather not get a whole new Grill for this either :thumbdown:

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
You can just put any Dremel bit in a normal drill, it will fit right in. Most of them won't work well with a drill, though; they are designed to work at 20,000 rpm with little torque. Your drill might be 3000 rpm with loads of torque.

I'll be member #3 of the pissing VW club.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Okay, so on the urination mod: 1/4" drill bit does the job on the cover. Important: To remove the nozzle, just grip it with pliers and pull. Be gentle to avoid damaging it; I recommend using a piece of rubber to protect it if possible.

As for dremels: Cheap ones can be had for $20 or less at discount stores and Harbor Freight. If you're getting a cheap one, do NOT get a DC (9v, 12v, cordless, etc) powered one; get AC powered only. If you're willing to drop >$50 then a cordless one might be ok. The cheap DC powered ones have NO torque, and even my $80 (a few years ago) Craftsman cordless one is too wimpy at times, forcing me to get an extension cord and use my $10 AC powered one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=40457
Ok, that's $24 right now, but they are constantly moving their prices around, one week this is on sale, next week that is.

When you buy one, I highly recommend a diamond cutoff blade. They're far more useful than the normal abrasive cutoff blades that break when you try to use them. The diamond ones can also be used for sanding/smoothing with their surface, not just cutting with their edge.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Those disc cutters thou, that prob wouldnt be best for dremmeling out the grill would it?

I should have been more clear; I was just saying that in general, not specific to a particular task you were planning. It's the most useful attachment I have for my rotary tools.

Might be worth a try, but I doubt it's going to be satisfactory. Lots of the cheap chinese knockoff stuff from Harbor Freight is great, lots of it is sufficient to get the job done, but I seriously doubt anything cordless from there is worthwhile. I have a 24v cordless weedwacker from there that's functional but not a lot of fun.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
Wow, I unsubscribed and didnt even know it:mad0259: damn, anyways I'm all caught up now. I do have another poor mans mod idea thou. Not sure if this will help anyone but I'm doing to do it for my own personal use and it is a very cheap if not free mod anyone can do.

Anyone have a radar detector? You know the bracket that suction cups to your window? Well for me, and I would assume others to, that thing always vibrates up and down against the window and if I don't have any music playing I can hear it clashing with the glass and it's sooo annoying and probably not that good for the radar detector anyways. So what I wan't to do is make a bracket that has suspension! I know sounds crazy and retarted but it will be sick just wait.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
that's so rad. blast anyone with it yet?

I haven't driven it yet. It will be tomorrow before I drive it, and I don't encounter many tailgaters (rural commute FTW!) so it may be awhile before I get a chance to really test it out.

LBVdubin, can you post a picture of your radar detector/clip? Mine doesn't vibrate at all.

Last edited: