GOLFMKV

The Bulletproof DV Kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
After months of design, fabrication, and testing we can finally say its go time. For those of you just tuning in the Bulletproof DV kit is a complete relocation from the factory design that functions as both DV kit and a Noise Pipe delete all in one.

The Bulletproof DV utilizes enlarged ports that increase the engines ability to breath when off boost. As you know, the valve is only closed when in boost and otherwise its job is to divert air around the turbocharger to get you into boost faster. When the throttle is lifted, the valves placement and size ensures that charge air can vent without the risk of stalling the compressor. This last bit was extremely important to us as the factory placement requires air to stop at the throttle, turn around, and vent right at the turbo. The potential for surge was to high for us to feel comfortable with.

This data log was taken to show that the BSH Bulletproof DV vents clean without any surge or spiking.

Key performance benefits to the valves new placement are that it vents air that has already passed through the intercooler. This cooler air helps lower the temperature of air it mixes with before reaching the intercooler. Also as this kit both uses an enlarged valve and puts it between the intercooler piping and what once was the noise pipe, you will experience better throttle response, faster spool time, and an improved top end pull.

As this kit was designed for street use daily drivers, BSH has made sure that this kit does not throw a check engine light or store any soft codes in the ECU. In the past this was a major concern when switching to a completely machanical valve. This was accomplished by keeping the factory valve in line electronically. BSH also made sure that the internal dynamics of the compressor cover were unchanged by utilizing a machined block off plug for the factory DV to rest in.

This completely bolt on kit comes with:
-Custom BSH Back End intake pipe complete with CNC machined MAF Flange and Machined Recirculation bung.
-Forge Motorsport supersized DV Valve.
-CNC Machined DV Blockoff Plug
-Custom cut silicone bends, reducers, and couplers.
-All neccasary clamps
-5 page instruction guide with 17 detailed pictures

A specific kit to fit the Eurojet EA pipe has also been designed for a more show quality look. We are an authorized eurojet distributor so we can offer these components to you as well.

To thank the members of this forum we will be offering an intruductory special on these for the first 15 kits sold.
Retail pricing on this kit is set at $379
The introductory price on these kits will $339 for an introductory period.

These kits are now available online! Click Bulletproof 2.0T DV Kit to order. You may also call us at 602-606-7973 or phil@bshftw.com

Thank you all so much for the support!
-Phill

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
If you are planning on getting another comany's DV, DON'T! You MUST get this one because it is just AWESOME!

CiDirkona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK3 TT, MK1 Atlas SE
You will have to cut it a bit.

Collin(CiDirkona) has put together a semi-diy.. showing pictures of the install.. There are also instructions included in the kit or If you pm me your email I can email them to you.

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29805

My setup is also using a custom eurojet throttle pipe, so not all applications are the same for connection. I have a million other pics of that install too if you guys want some of them...

-Colin (One L)

Lou_Y2mK5

Go Kart Champion
Wanted to provide my feedback on this thread...

Just installed this kit today with the Eurojet EA pipe fittings. :thumbsup:

It could not have been an easier install! Granted there where some difficult parts to remove however it was nothing a six pack and a good friend could get me through. Started at 12:30 and finished around 4:00. That's because I did it slow and had to run to the auto parts store for an allen bit. Also installed the pcv fix.

There is absolutely no other gratification then installing this yourself.

As I drove home I noticed much more power on the top end. The sound is perfect! I can hear the turbo spool more clearly and pronounced.

Next up. Downpipe, gauges, & REVO!!!

Thanks Phill and BSH for providing top notch products and customer service!

I will be representin BSH quality here in central Florida! :burnrubber:

Lou_Y2mK5

Go Kart Champion
PS: On my way home from my buddy Bill's house where we did all the installs....I got pulled over on the highway for speeding. (I was hittin 120+) The undercover Dodge Durango pulls me over and I'm shittin bricks and have alcohol in my breath. He comes over and says, "Do you know what I pulled you over?" I say, "Speeding" with a puppy dog look on my face. I give him my driver license and he gives it back to me and says, "Look you where going 90 mph. Slow down okay." I say okay. HE LET ME GO!!! PHEW!!! I got lucky today folks. It's probably due to the bulletproof DV I got under the hood now. ... BSH... Unleash the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.