GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My 3071R Build

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
So my clutch showed... and I did some things..

I couldnt find the special hex socket I bought last time to take the output shaft cup off so I went to napa and low and behold!!

Got it completely apart and then went to work. Going to finish it tomorrow and pull my runner flap motor off and remove my rs4 prv to ship it out. Installing my new 155 prv for a lil more fueling.

JerryLtowIt

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks real good. I have a question regarding the battery relocation. I remember back in the day, we'd move the battery to the trunk to add weight over the drive tires. But I wonder why you would do it on a front wheel drive vehicle...assuming you did relocate it to the trunk. Don't mean to sound like a putz. Thanks.

Put the phone down and DRIVE!!

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Looks real good. I have a question regarding the battery relocation. I remember back in the day, we'd move the battery to the trunk to add weight over the drive tires. But I wonder why you would do it on a front wheel drive vehicle...assuming you did relocate it to the trunk. Don't mean to sound like a putz. Thanks.

Put the phone down and DRIVE!!

It helps Balance the weight of the car, these things have very little weight in the back and are nose heavy. Aside from weight balancing, it opens up a lot of room in the engine bay allowing more air to help keep the engine cool.

JerryLtowIt

Passed Driver's Ed
It helps Balance the weight of the car, these things have very little weight in the back and are nose heavy. Aside from weight balancing, it opens up a lot of room in the engine bay allowing more air to help keep the engine cool.

I gotcha, makes good sense too. I got to thinking that perhaps it might also be a safety thing. Now that I'm thinking about it, the Novas, Falcons, that we did them on were more straight line. I would've never driven the Nova through backroads like I do in my Jetta. I'd of been sailing over the side of Mt.Madonna, down into a ditch. [emoji23] Thanks

Put the phone down and drive!!

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Explain to me this 155 prv, was the RS4 PRV a choke point in the fueling?

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Its going to be the choke point when it cracks open an returns the pressure when Im requesting more.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Cars back together again but coming semi apart again for a week. Sending my spare pump out for IE rebuild and sold my autotech pump

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Cars back together again but coming semi apart again for a week. Sending my spare pump out for IE rebuild and sold my autotech pump

I honestly hate the HPFP game now. Seems to be so hit or miss with whatever company you go with. Having said that, the APR and IE pumps seem to be the safest bet over the years.

What was your reason for the switch?

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Well with the autotech I was feelig like I may be getting some slight oil contamination. After 400 miles even the oil comes out black so I said screw it, for peace of mind.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Explain to me this 155 prv, was the RS4 PRV a choke point in the fueling?

x2 I am using 155 for my EFR7163 build as well. Allows you to hold more pressure on the rail so greater fuel potential. I am also running a Golf R intake cam which has a fuel lobe that provides 11% more lift for the pump.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Got my new IE fuel pump in today. Came wrapped up all pretty!

Then I got to installing it and my USP stud kit.

The clearance between the stud and the relocated thrust sensor due to hpa manifold

Running like a top! Put 110 miles on it today. 300 more miles till the clutch is broken in. Boost is turned all the way down to wastegate pressure aka 14psi.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Dropped it off with my friends at Racingjunk.com for a photoshoot with a bunch beautiful cars/women. Wasnt able to be there since I had to work but I got a teaser ?

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Gotta do a shake down tomorrow all day. Got a cut 4 times so far under various loads. I thought it was due to steep inclines 3 of the times but it happened today on flat ground on medium load. Fuck

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk