GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Windshield washer to rad cooler help!

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Morning Gents,

I am headed to buttonwillow this weekend and am trying to figure out how to get the wipers to stop, but keep the functionality of the washer pump working. I have figured out how I plan to do the sprayer and what not, but need help getting the wipers to stop! Will the fuse do just the wipers, or the sprayers as well? I cannot find a solid fuse diagram for the 2009 models.

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Just had a eureka moment...I have the rear wiper deleted, so I can use that to spray my radiator and intercooler! No need to mess with any fuses or anything. Very happy to see this should be a pretty quick and easy mod to help with cooling.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Morning Gents,

I am headed to buttonwillow this weekend and am trying to figure out how to get the wipers to stop, but keep the functionality of the washer pump working. I have figured out how I plan to do the sprayer and what not, but need help getting the wipers to stop! Will the fuse do just the wipers, or the sprayers as well? I cannot find a solid fuse diagram for the 2009 models.

Testing whether or not the fuse will stop the washer pump motor is easy. Pull the fuse and see if it still sprays.

You could always just unplug the wiper motor harness. It's literally right under the rain tray. Or take the arms off lol. It's more natural to pull the stalk towards you than push it away so I'd try to run off the front sprayers. Although I think it's all off the same pump.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Just had a eureka moment...I have the rear wiper deleted, so I can use that to spray my radiator and intercooler! No need to mess with any fuses or anything. Very happy to see this should be a pretty quick and easy mod to help with cooling.

Oh man you picked a hell of a weekend to go out. Supposed to be 109 Sat and 111 on Sun at Buttonwillow. I always thought that if we could figure out how to vent the output of our in cabin heaters to the outside it might be pretty helpful on those days when it is too hot to otherwise use it to our advantage. It does a good job of extracting heat.(engine cooling)

Last edited:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Was planning something as I found h20 on the FMIC dropped temps considerably(depending on temp/humidity). If you have a 08+ I am fairly certain you can retrofit a 06-07 tank that has a pump for the headlight sprayers, get a double apex button kit for a OEM like install.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Oh man you picked a hell of a weekend to go out. Supposed to be 109 Sat and 111 on Sun at Buttonwillow. I always thought that if we could figure out how to vent the output of our in cabin heaters to the outside it might be pretty helpful on those days when it is too hot to otherwise use it to our advantage. It does a good job of extracting heat.(engine cooling)

My new setup will have trans cooler, engine oil cooler and of course water meth in combination should be good for hot weather.

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed

Dear lord it was hot...I was very thankful that I had a garage for the weekend, coolers of ice, and tons of water. Car was not terribly happy the whole time, but did a great job all things considered.

Not sure if the sprayer did a ton, but I would use it going through the straights, and longer sweeping turns if it felt safe. Who knows, I'm sure it did something though!

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Testing whether or not the fuse will stop the washer pump motor is easy. Pull the fuse and see if it still sprays.

You could always just unplug the wiper motor harness. It's literally right under the rain tray. Or take the arms off lol. It's more natural to pull the stalk towards you than push it away so I'd try to run off the front sprayers. Although I think it's all off the same pump.

It is definitely the same pump. Given all of the dust out at Buttonwillow, I did not want to lose the ability to have the washers on the windshield.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Glad you and the car survived. Get a water meth system installed and your car will be 10x happier.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
There is tons of room for improvement with what I did. This was installed in less than 5 minutes at the track, as I had no time to prep this system before heading out to the track. I could definitely install additional nozzles, but I have a larger CSF-Race radiator I need to install first before I do this. I also do not normally track my car in over 110...

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad you and the car survived. Get a water meth system installed and your car will be 10x happier.

I've ran water meth on previous cars before, and I am not opposed to it, but I want to see if the improved radiator will do the trick first. I'm otherwise very happy with how the car holds itself around the track.

larcic

Ready to race!
tried ed30 gti thermostat?