GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

jcurotto23

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 UG GTI
Looks mean. You run that stance machine at the track?

I plan on taking it to a couple track days for fun actually but would be swapping wheels and taking out the camber. And this cage wouldn't be allowed for use as an actual cage anyways since the floor plates are to small and idk how I'd feel running a bolt in cage for its actual purpose.

Sooooo excited to get my cage in! Got the same one as you in red (because racekar)

I love it man!

:bow: looks awesome

Thank you [emoji482]

Instagram: joeycurotto

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
the floor plates are to small and idk how I'd feel running a bolt in cage for its actual purpose.
Oh, posing as a race car. I am disappoint.

lyonsroar

GTI newb...
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Got gas

then hit this rock on my way home.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Got pulled over and received a warning for having too dark of tinting. It read 3% on his meter LOL. He said next time I'll get the ticket cause it's 'on record' now.

Oh well.....sexy tax.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I most certainly do!

You need to cut the carpet here, at the rear base of the B pillar.

Then you need to remove the foam from under the carpet (holy cap is it thick).

Then the base for the main hoop goes in.

There another plate that goes under the car and sandwiches the floor of the car, I'lltry and get some more pictures up. When I get a chance I will write up a DIY.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Awesome, looking forward to it. My cars getting a cage soon too, I'm going for a custom one but I'm kinda torn between bolt in or weld in.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
So I've got a rattle that I can't track down.

Drivers side, in front of the dash. Sounds like it's from the bay. Only does it when the car is warmed up and only when the transmission is engaged. Doesn't do it in neutral. Sounds like a rhythmic tapping. Nonmetallic, doesn't change frequency with speed but goes away at any rpm other than idle. Any ideas?

Fuel line rattle possibly? DMF of the DSG?

Oh, posing as a race car. I am disappoint.

Isn't that the scene today?

Hopefully it'll be legit soon. Gt3076r is my next big thing [emoji57]

Instagram: joeycurotto

Spend the extra couple hundred and go with the GTX series. Faster spool time.

Got pulled over and received a warning for having too dark of tinting. It read 3% on his meter LOL. He said next time I'll get the ticket cause it's 'on record' now.

Oh well.....sexy tax.

Damn that sucks. My buddy had a similar situation. White Evo X with limo all around. Got pulled over twice by the same cop ($150 tickets each time). Third time, the cop told him it had to come off the front windows or he was getting arrested. Pulled it off, still got ticketed, and also had to go to court. Lovely Illinois law.

My GTI is at 20%, still darker than legal. But Evo's stick out like a sore thumb.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Awesome, looking forward to it. My cars getting a cage soon too, I'm going for a custom one but I'm kinda torn between bolt in or weld in.

Mine came with the upgraded foot pack, so if I choose to go full weld in I can. Autopower makes one hell of a product. If you plan on keeping your car for a very long time AND have officially made it a track car then I say go weld in. Bolt in doesn't give you the same chassis stiffening that weld in does.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Mine came with the upgraded foot pack, so if I choose to go full weld in I can. Autopower makes one hell of a product. If you plan on keeping your car for a very long time AND have officially made it a track car then I say go weld in. Bolt in doesn't give you the same chassis stiffening that weld in does.

I'm leaning slightly towards welded. My cars strictly a summer, mostly track and autocross car now so that's no concern. And unless it literally burns to the ground I'm not getting rid of it. Even a bolt in cage is a big commitment so I've been thinking that the small difference to a welded cage isn't much of a big deal aside from being slightly scary to think of. It'll effectively be a two seater either way so I'm not gaining anything by going for a bolt in.

ddriver3487

Still broke...
Car(s)
O8 GTI
Catch can froze solid and blew oil everywhere. Freaked and sent her to VW. They claimed the turbo blew. I got excited about getting a k04 upgrade. Called NGP and they talked me down and had me check the catchcan. Saved $3500 +. Got a refund from VW because the tech assumed it was the turbo. I did empty it the week prior but i guess there was moisture frozen solid and it build up much quicker than expected.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Catch can froze solid and blew oil everywhere. Freaked and sent her to VW. They claimed the turbo blew. I got excited about getting a k04 upgrade. Called NGP and they talked me down and had me check the catchcan. Saved $3500 +. Got a refund from VW because the tech assumed it was the turbo. I did empty it the week prior but i guess there was moisture frozen solid and it build up much quicker than expected.
Whoa, never had that happen to me. And that's coming from a guy that lived in Wyoming and most of the winter was sub zero temps.

Glad it wasn't a turbo though.