GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

plug and play LEDs for city lights and license lights

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Hmm, what wattage do you have? Maybe others got a gigher wattage?:iono:

Perhaps, that's a good assumption... my wattage is same as the stock bulbs.

bigwill

Ready to race!
can i please ask what are the specification for the lights in the footwell (T10?) and the ones under the rear view mirror (T10?) and the lights in the boot (LED 37mm?) as well as the glovebox (T10?)? i want to buy all the lights at once. Thanks guys

97C280

Stage 2
Perhaps, that's a good assumption... my wattage is same as the stock bulbs.

The 194/168 sizes should be the same wattage. However for the license plates, Polarg M28 is a 10Watt. I believe the OEM wattage is 5W.

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
Polarg are crap.

i've run polargs in my city lights (we don't have sidelights here in OZ) for most of a year now with zero problems as had a few of my mates who have GTI's :cool:

jst bought the Blesk LED's from korea and installed them on the weekend

bought LED's for rear license plate, parking lights, footwell lights and glovebox light

company was easy to communicate with and parcel was well packaged

only issue is that they don't use paypal

worked out to be $43US for 8 bulbs shipped.

much better alternative to the Ziza bulbs.

dwkim@maxlux.co.kr / http://en.maxlux.co.kr/

and this info from the other thread on this topic could come in handy to some :thumbsup:

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
The 194/168 sizes should be the same wattage. However for the license plates, Polarg M28 is a 10Watt. I believe the OEM wattage is 5W.

Eh, I'm too lazy to check. But last time I did, it said 5w for mine. Regardless... many people have been running Polarg bulbs in their license plate bulb housings for 1-2+ years now with no problems whatsoever.

GTIWV

WV VW
i've run polargs in my city lights (we don't have sidelights here in OZ) for most of a year now with zero problems as had a few of my mates who have GTI's :cool:

and this info from the other thread on this topic could come in handy to some :thumbsup:

damn! thats cheap!

where did he order them from? more info? lol. what thread?

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
can i please ask what are the specification for the lights in the footwell (T10?) and the ones under the rear view mirror (T10?) and the lights in the boot (LED 37mm?) as well as the glovebox (T10?)? i want to buy all the lights at once. Thanks guys

Sticky in the Cosmetic Mods section:

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8391

The only ones aren't covered above are the 2 sidemarker lights, which are wedge bulbs (192) and the vanity mirror lights which are each smaller festoon bulbs... 32mm I think?

The citylight/sidemarker circuit is on a bulb out sensor, as are the footwell lights and the license plate lights. Everything else is direct plug and play for LED.

Search there is lots of info on this.

Thanks mate, didnt know this thread was here =/

Just ordered both.
Any problems with installing these?
Thank you for the info.
:thumbsup:

the license plate festoon bulbs are pretty tight fit. be careful not to force them too hard as the connector itself can pop off. this happened to me and i had to take off bumper to retrieve it :lol:

as mentioned by JetTurbo, the parking/city lights are a snug fit also but probably better that they are tight then loose

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
i've run polargs in my city lights (we don't have sidelights here in OZ)
Lets trade bumpers! it would be a mod for both of us! I would be getting the "side marker delete mod" and you'd be getting the "side marker light mod" its a win/win situation!!!:thumbsup:

adamgti

Trust me, I'm an engineer
Car(s)
07 CW GTI 4 dr
Just installed the Blesk license plate bulbs and so far so good, no bulb out message and they look great.

Thanks Jet!