GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IT'S ABOUT TIME! LSD

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Time to replace my 2nd FX400 clutch. Both seemed to last >15k miles. This time is special because now I have the opportunity to swap in a diff! I am going for Peloquin because they include ARP bolts all for under a grand. Thanks to Kevin from CM, he remembered my previous clutch order that went sour and was able to discount my next order.

To do list:
CM FX400
Peloquin LSD
Slave cylinder
Machine flywheel
Labor (tranny guy for gear swap & my mechanic for install)

Prices & pics to be added soon. All going in the next couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Might want to look into swapping in steel shift forks as well.

You will love the LSD!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I just installed an MFactory LSD a few weeks back. Changes the car in a big way. You will wonder why you didn't do it earlier.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Aside from the tune and suspension the LSD was the biggest change in mine. It's unreal how big of a difference it makes in the ability to put power down. Honestly wish i had done it when i went stage 2, it's a huge price commitment and pretty much irreversible but worth every penny!

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Might want to look into swapping in steel shift forks as well.

You will love the LSD!

Good to know. Have you had issues or u just did it as a preventative?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
No issues, and once we cracked the case open we found my late production 08 (FSI/BPY) had them. Its the only weak point left and thought its cheap to do while I had my trans cracked apart for my clutch & LSD. ECS sells both forks for ~$250 IIRC. Hard shifts can knock the brass ones off the shaft.

I went with a SRE clutch after seeing people have issues with their CM or Southbend clutches and really couldn't be happier - if you do end up replacing it again I would highly recommend them (especially now that the Euro is tanking further).

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
ECS doesn't sell the forks anymore. I checked. I am waiting for them to receive the LSD in stock. Looks like the first week of April. Worth the wait its $75 less than USP. Forks thou I will to order through USP.

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
ECS finally got the LSD in stock sooner than expected. Any recommendation on brand of slave cylinder? Valeo, febi, Luk? Don't think it's necessary to spend an extra $50 on genuine VW.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
OEM Sachs/LUK

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
LSD is another world :)
Why you will go for Peloquin not Wavetrac?

Peloquin provides the kit with ARP bolts. Does wavetrac provide it too without additional cost?

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yup

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
ECS & USP charge extra for the bolts for the Wavetrac diff. Just checked with them. Any reason why Wavetrac over Peloquin?

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Wavetrac has some special piece inside the diff with a wave profile cut on it that provides a locking load when there isn't any load on the drivetrain (off throttle or brake). I only put 100km on my diff before my car went into winter storage though so I haven't had a chance to see how and when it works or helps.

The steel shift forks make a huge difference, they make the shift really tight. Feels like a stock WRX shifter.