GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

Millennium Falcon

Ready to race!
When you close your hood do you have to remove the Piston at all? Because of the intake being on the passenger side

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Millennium Falcon

Ready to race!
Me too, I made one but it doesn't clear the strut. Although it is a 3"

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Worlds first engine delete for that fully shaved bay, nice.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Well, the engine for one. I was supposed to have everything back almost a month ago.

Also, found out that the pistons I had ordered way back are not exactly what I thought they are. I thought I ordered 9.5:1 pistons for an 83.5mm bore. Turns out that they are 10.3:1 pistons for an 83.5mm bore. JE offers 9.5:1 pistons but they are a newer design that was not available when I had ordered mine. Due to the way that VW/Mahle calculated compression ratio, JE had previously incorrectly listed the CR of their FSI pistons. I'm a little annoyed since I thought I had ordered something to drop my CR atleast a full point since i'm planning on running 93 for atleast the time being. New slugs are ~$600, plus i'd have up upgrade wrist pins for another ~$100 and get them coated (dont HAVE to but I did get my old ones ceramic/teflon coated) ~$200. I'm on a time crunch now and I don't have the extra 900 for new pistons so i'm going to run these for the time being, upgrade the wrist pins to tool steel and if I want to go crazy later, either get the new pistons alone or sleeve the block and get something custom.

FYI, tool steel wrist pin part number for JE pistons is 787-2250-21-93C. They're ~$20-25 each

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Well, the engine for one. I was supposed to have everything back almost a month ago.

Also, found out that the pistons I had ordered way back are not exactly what I thought they are. I thought I ordered 9.5:1 pistons for an 83.5mm bore. Turns out that they are 10.3:1 pistons for an 83.5mm bore. JE offers 9.5:1 pistons but they are a newer design that was not available when I had ordered mine. Due to the way that VW/Mahle calculated compression ratio, JE had previously incorrectly listed the CR of their FSI pistons. I'm a little annoyed since I thought I had ordered something to drop my CR atleast a full point since i'm planning on running 93 for atleast the time being. New slugs are ~$600, plus i'd have up upgrade wrist pins for another ~$100 and get them coated (dont HAVE to but I did get my old ones ceramic/teflon coated) ~$200. I'm on a time crunch now and I don't have the extra 900 for new pistons so i'm going to run these for the time being, upgrade the wrist pins to tool steel and if I want to go crazy later, either get the new pistons alone or sleeve the block and get something custom.

FYI, tool steel wrist pin part number for JE pistons is 787-2250-21-93C. They're ~$20-25 each

That's slightly concerning to me.... When did you order your pistons? I have JE's that are supposed to be a lower ratio as well. How did you find out about that?

Mine are also ceramic/teflon coated, and have tool steel wrist pins.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Ah word, I have a different style of piston than that. Looks like I'm in the clear.